Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, December 12, 2011

GBWC entry: SD Gundam diorama version NICOLE



Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

I am very very proud to present today my daughter's winning entry at Gunpla Builders World Cup 2011 last November! This was my daughters 3rd painted kit but her first time joining at a Bandai competition. She bagged 2nd runner up at the New Challenger Junior Category where she competed with older kids up to 14 years old. My lovely daughter is just 8 years old and this diorama is entitled " Help Me ".

My daughter NICOLE had a hard time painting the pink SD GP03 as I told her to use industrial spraycans. The Nozzle of the spray can was so hard for her, she used her little thumb and used two hands to handle the can. Thus I lend her some of my Vallejo paints for the SD Kshatriya and she enjoyed doing the marble technique so much.

Much like her dad, she is very comfortable working her magic on the diorama. She dry brushed the rocks and the ground work, and she did a super nice pattern on the water part. The composition of the whole diorama and the concept was ALL her. Dang I cannot describe in words how happy I am every time I look at this Gundam diorama in my display cabinet.

Apparently my daughter also got my competitive spirit. Below is a chat between me and her after she won 2nd runner up...

DC23:  I am so proud of you ( insert kisses here )... You won 3rd place!


NICOLE: NO dad, I got 2nd Runner Up. :)

Can't help but smile after hearing that Nicole likes the word 2nd a lot more and would not accept 3rd ( even if it is practically the same placing ). Anyways here are tons of unphotoshoped photos ( can't put watermark! ) hope you like them...

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo 
Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo 
Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Gundam diorama version NICOLE photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post guys! :)

3 comments:

tulispendekpendek said...

Kshatriya say... "WTH..?"

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehehe... exact reaction. lol

Unknown said...

cool one.
I also made one.
check it out at http://theanimatedsite.blogspot.com
hope you like mine as well...

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS