Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MG The O WIP hand brushed and repainted...



custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo


As I cannot compete at GBWC Philippines anyways, I figured their is no point of keeping my progress a secret. So I have here the most recent progress photos of my The O verDC23 WIP.

I made a huuuuugggggge booboo with the salt technique for the orange pattern a few days ago. The salt water reacted to my previous paint and I had to repaint the whole thing. I practically hand painted all the armor parts with Vallejos and weathered them with Vallejo paints as well. The internal parts were hand painted with Citadel bolt gun metal.

A blast of Tamiya smoke as post shading and a few Vallejo pigments should complete all the parts here in the photos. So this is far from the final output as I hope to improve the overall weathering soon. I will attempt to make all the armor parts look darker . Tamiya smoke should also tone down the blue and orange as the color is a bit too loud for my taste. I do not want a huge mecha in this bright colors.

More weathering to come but I hope you enjoy my progress so far...

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo



custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

custom MG The O verDC23 WIP photo

Thanks or dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)

9 comments:

LAWLIET said...

dang!! what a great paint job!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! It's practically hand painted due to the salt technique mistake. Hope it will look better after the post shading. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

great mod, great paint job, great weathering, makes great modeler. Man, you are my idol.

LAWLIET said...

don't you worry sir don, i know you can do it..its already a masterpiece for me...very nice!!!

Jegan Ace said...

I was skeptical about your design choices at first, but seeing it now... Wow. I'm happy to see everything coming together so nicely.

I don't think I will ever doubt your vision again. :P

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... the BIG CROTCH has finally reveal himself... Nice one Master D!!!

Anonymous said...

At first, i kinda disagree that you're not gonna use the yellow colour scheme. But, whooaaa!!! This blue The O look stunning!!!

Waylander said...

Nice work bro! Worth the wait. Those are tricky colours you used there but woaah you pulled it off somehow. Props to you! It's a shame this masterpiece cannot represent Philippines. Big waste for your community...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Jegan, I was not confident with my design choices during the build myself bro. But I think I am kinda pulling it off now. :)

@ Thanks Anonymous!

@ Waylander, Thanks Yihui! Hopefully we will be represented BETTER this year. I am pretty confident our country has better entries this year. Thanks man! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS