Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8inch custom robot QEE wip - ready to prime!


custom vinyl toy photo

I apologize for the bad quality of the photos, but I just can't get my wife's camera phone to focus on the toy and not the wall! I had to resort to using her phone as I cannot find the memory card of my little old camera. Anyways, I needed to show this to my client for approval as I will paint it as soon as he approves of all the simple modifications done to the vinyl so far.

I managed to do a bit more today as I feel a little better today than the previous 4 days! No fever for the first time in so many days! Anyways, I managed to add all those zimmerit stuffs on the legs and butt area, added some sort of pigtail wires to the head, a Zaku nose, lots of weld marks and of course I was able to add a face to the pilot.

The pilot is a frog like creature I plan to color, well... green. Instead of a tongue sticking out I sculpted 5 tooth with Tamiya putty. The darker tanning weld marks are also Tamiya quick type putty as I have more freedom to work with it as it dries way longer than the lighter colored putty I used as zimmerit patterns. The lighter colored putty is Selleys aqua type.

I hope this looks steam punk enough to my client as I am excited to weather and paint this already! Now here are more lousy pics...

custom vinyl toy photo

custom vinyl toy photo

custom vinyl toy photo

custom vinyl toy photo

custom vinyl toy photo

custom vinyl toy photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)

Post a Comment