Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, March 27, 2011

MG Zeta commish WIP - it's primed!


primedMGZetacustomphoto

IT'S PRRRRIMEDDDD! ( Bruce Buffer - veteran voice of the octagon )

Yeap the MG Zeta commish is primed! I was kinda surprised to see some errors in the areas I least expect them. I was expecting to do putty work on the shoulder and front skirt armors, instead there are a few errors on the chest and head part. Putty work and a bit of sanding should easily clean the errors up.

I like how the primer ( as usual ) cleanly showed the errors and the details. Really excited to paint the small pla plate strips with my new Citadel paints. I really need to work on my panel line scribing though as a few lines are crooked and ugly, although this will be painted dark blue so hopefully after a bit of clean up the crookedness won't show much after painting.

Hopefully the client approves this for painting already so that I could disassemble this and paint the internals. I plan to paint the internals with spray cans ( silver ) to make it extra resistant to scratches. I could not paint the armor parts during weekdays though as I will use my airbrush for the armor parts and I need another weekend for that.

Now here are a ton of photos of the primed MG Zeta...

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

My client wants the dead Dom to have a bigger shoulder on the other side, so I figured using my scrap MG Sazabi shoulder instead. If the client approves this I will give it some battle damage and pla plating and paint it black to blend with the chest part. 

primedMGZetacustomphoto

primedMGZetacustomphoto

Here is a lousy photo of the MG Zeta with his BFG! ( Eday inspired as requested by my client )

primedMGZetacustomphoto

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)

8 comments:

Syful said...

Crazy man... Utterly crazy design!! LOVE IT!!

DC23 said...

Thanks man! appreciate it! Hope to go crazier on the next MG Zeta. XD

Kamm said...

Amazing work as always Don... this is beautiful bro. Did you disasmble this "prime" it then put it back together? x

DC23 said...

I just primed in chunks, legs, arms, torso, head and other major parts. This is just the initial priming to check for errors. I will disassemble this, clean up the errors, re prime and paint. :)

Zeta Newtype said...

I love the BFG is bigger than the Zeta by height and nearly by width :D

DC23 said...

BFG gun is not my style nor I want to do more is it is boss Eday's... but I did enjoy building it. thanks sir! XD

Chaky_005 said...

host... may i knw the detailing parts (cherst) whr u get ma?? kotobukiya brand???

DC23 said...

Tamiya Pla plates and Kotobukiya parts sir. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS