Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, February 17, 2011

1/72 Star Wars X-Wing Fighter - base color painted


I needed a quick modeling fix before going to work today thus I thought of painting the X-Wing Fighter its base color. I visited master FichtenFoo's site to check how he painted his X-Wing coz I have zero idea on what colors to paint mine.

I really like master Foos shading but I wanted mine to have a bit more contrast, so I did some heavy shading on the turbines and thruster parts. I like how it came out but the other parts are still a bit too white. I already sealed the paint with future and it should be ready for decals later today or tomorrow.

Even though I added a few drops of khaki and light blue to the white, I still find the base color looking too white and clean. After the decals and the washes soon and I still find the color too white, I nice coat and some shading with Tamiya smoke should reduce the whiteness of the base color. 

The only real modification that I did was on the base. I tilted the base to the right to give it a less parallel flight pose. More photos after it is done should show the mod more clearly. I also re-scribed all the panel lines to make sure they will still pop up after all the painting and sealing. 

I painted this with Tamiya acrylics as usual and sealed it with a couple of coats of Pledge Wipe and Shine. Now here are a few photos of the glossy kit waiting for decals...





Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)



2 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looking great so far Donc. Finemolds are such awesome kits. HLJ had a sale a while back and I got all of the Starwars kits in 1/48, Snow speeder, X-Wing, Bobba Fett's Slave I, and I just got the 1/72 Millenium Falcon. Man the falcon is a huge kit and the details are off the chart. I will be following closely man since I need to learn all of the techniques to get a nice dirty space ship. I hear that the kits are super easy and that you even do it in a day and still get great results.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

thanks Matt! my first time to work with such a kit. it's perfect! I love it and would try to get more of these finemolds kits. I want the M Falcon too! Its a bit expensive though but i am sure it is worth the money. I will give this some initial washes before decaling, hope it looks good later and might post tomorrow. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS