Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, February 18, 2011

1/72 Star Wars X-Wing Fighter - initial wash and decals


Managed to do an enamel wash last night ( early morning ) even though I was in Skype with some moronic MAC members ( hehe ). I used Tamiya flat earth for my first enamel wash just to give it an overall dusty look.  I was also able to do some of the major decals today even though I woke up late because of Skype. 

I realized before doing the decals that you could actually build a clean version of the X-Wing as there are decals without chipping. Oh well, I am most comfortable in weathered builds anyways as my airbrushing skills kinda sucks. 

I also realized that all of R2D2's markings came as decals, thus I won't actually need to paint all those blue square thingees for R2. I will have to seal this with future later after the Mark softer I applied on the decals has cured. 

I will have to blend those decals later, maybe spray some white and some Tamiya smoke to try to blend it. I will also give it some enamel washes in deeper colors ( maybe hull red ) to complete the build.No more WIP updates on this, will just post the completed finished kit soon! Anyways here are some photos of the kit with decals...






Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)




10 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Very nice. I like the "weathering" and the damage...scratches etc.
Greetings
Paul

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! will weather it a bit more with washes. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looking great, but I personally feel that maybe a bit more weathering on the whiter parts of the wing and fuelage would be better. Maybe you can also use Tamiya Desert Yellow to wash or alternatively add a little post shading on the panels using a blackish brown tone.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton for the inputs bro, I will ( try ) to post shade the panels with tamiya smoke tomorrow. Another round of washes and some detail decals later. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

it's starting to look like the I saw on the movie when I was a kid :D

all you need now is a Tie Fighter and a Deathstar diorama and you will have a good scene :D

and yea have fun on your Mac meeting tomorrow :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Should get the Tie Fighter next. hihi. Thanks! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Wonder if it's not too late on making it brownish like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Z_umtPAE1C0/S9sgabGaLLI/AAAAAAAAGdo/rr34KbhT5D4/s1600/x-wing.jpg

I could it's four 4L4 cryogenic engines screaming flying by. =D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Another suggestion is to add you chipping, will look great with this kit. This is getting me fired up to do my all my Fine Mold kits.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sorry typo error *your chipping

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton sir! just finished this build actually and added lots of chippings. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS