Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, January 9, 2011

my The O II color scheme...


I saw this magnificently painted kit at Mecha Workshop a while back. Unfortunately I could not credit the modeler who did this as I cannot find any names in the post. As all of you know, I did an experiment last year and see if an entry without loud colors and has rough weathered finishing could win in a contest like Bandai Model Kit World Cup.

The experiment yielded interesting results. Prior to my The Gilgamesh project last year ( 2010 )... I always played it safe in terms of finishing and weathering. I always thought that only clean flawless painted kits  with loud shouting color schemes, wins in big Gunpla competitions and that heavily weathered kits with realistic color schemes does not stand a chance.

However, my The Gilgamesh project not only won in the expert category, it actually scored 290 points out of 300 points from the judges. Thus now, I am confident that entering a heavily weathered kit with a loud yellow color scheme will definitely have a chance if not a better chance in this year's 2011 BMKWC. The current BMKWC World Champion won with a heavily weathered and battle damaged kit after all.  :)



Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)

9 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

nice! i'm dying to see the progress of your BIG O bro ^_^ MORE POWER!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks TVA, no secrets from me... will post updates whenever I have updates. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

wow.... great idea on the colours. In terms of decals, will you get some custom ones made? I think it would make the kit stand out more! ^^

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Not sure bro... Not decal guy as I usually over detail the armor parts thus there are NO spaces for big custom decals. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Hi all, i saw this post and I'm not sure but I think this model is of http://www.kallamity.com/products/type/0

DC23 Ur blog is very great ! Good continuation

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Really interested in this build. I take u decided to do the 0 II instead of the 1/48 Zaku?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

oops, didn't see the other post. Good luck with The O II!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeap bro... mousemuffins is already building the 1/48 Zaku at GAF...so decided against it. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks buddy! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS