Sunday, November 14, 2010

Evangelion 2.0 Unit 01 - snapfit


I finished snap fitting this Eva kit last night and I never imagined it will be a bit complicated. I thought I could snap fit this in 2-3 hours, but it actually took me 4-5. This kit is the Evangelion 2.0 You can ( not ) advance 2010 release of the Eva Unit 01.

Bandai did not qualify this as a Master Grade but I think it is almost a master grade in terms of the number of parts and the quality of the build. I did not want to risk the kit falling off my shelf, thus I created a quick base that will hold the kit securely and simulate the running pose from the movie.

I plan to paint this clean and OOTB, maybe give it a gloss coat and paint the base to look like concrete. I already did the damage effects on the concrete floor. My only problem is how to show scale in the dio / base. Maybe I will put a small wrecked 1/200 car or truck or something. I plan to continue with this build after I finally finish my PG MKII commish by end of November.











There are a few extra parts for this kit and it even has an extra head. I think the extra parts is for the berserk mode or something. I did not use the standard parts that was instructed in the manual as I find the extra parts a bit more menacing.

The standard head has a squinting pair of eyes while the one I used has it's eyes wide open. The standard   body armor parts are less curvy and smaller. Notice the forearm blade, the one I used has more interesting curves.


The standard head...


The optional head with eyes wide open! very nice and it looks more menacing!






















I highly recommend this kit though it is a bit pricey for a non - MG kit. though as I have said it is almost MG -  like in terms of the number of parts and the articulation of the kit. I am looking forward to painting this kit after my PG MKII commish.

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


Post a Comment