Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Snow diorama painting test


After my kids has helped me with covering the hill side with newspaper mache... I then did some Tissue paper mache and applied my usual Sand+wood glue mixture. After letting the mache and the sand mixture dry overnight, I then tried to simulate snow with painting.

I do not want a white hill side, I want to show some rock formations on the side where snow would not build up. I used some cheap acrylics for the browns and painted the snow with Tamiya flat white enamel. I still have to apply talcum powder + glue OR talcum + future on the top of the hill to soften the rock ( pebble ) texture and simulate a thicker snow build up on top.

It looks ok but still needs a lot of touch up, but I think I could pull it off convincingly later on as I experiment with more snow and ice effects. I even plan to spray a mist coat of clear blue to the overall diorama once finished...I hope that will give a colder look to the dio.

Anyways, here are a few quick snapshots of my snow diorama so far...














Thanks for dropping by! til' next update! XD

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS