Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, September 24, 2010

Added some Trees for the snow hangar diorama


Ello guys just a quick small update of the snow dio for my MG Sazabi build. I bought some 1/100 and 1/200 pine trees at an art shop today. I also bought a 200ml tube of a Reeves acrylic titanium white paint. Did this with my daughters the minute I got home.

Basically I just drilled holes for the trees and my eldest daughter Nico inserted them with super glue. We then dry brushed some white paint all over the trees to easily simulate snow. I think it looks ok but I want more snow on the trees later. Anyways, here are some really quick and lousy snapshots of the dio with trees so far.









I will add a bit more snow on the trees later and will take better WIP photos this weekend. Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! XD

13 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

speaking of pine trees.. xmas coming :P.. n sazabi wud be the real huge santa giwing out gifts.. i think shud call santa-bi... nice diorama DC!!! n great tips too!!!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

awww... that's so nice ^_^ family that builds together.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

the last pictures looks like it's Christmas!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeah, hehe... Thanks bro, my first time to do a winter snowy dio but it is looking ok. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeah, my daughters will always help me whenever I put out brushes, they love brushing / painting. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehe, hope it looks less Christmasy once finished though. :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

There you go Master... inspiring father!... passing out the trade to the younger generation. Nice build Master.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro, my kids have no choice... hehehe. :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

oh thats lovely! great to see your kids working with you! its inspiring for me as a single guy to think that my future children would help me with my gunpla.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

They are actually fighting who gets the biggest brush at first... but it was all fun bro. :D

Test_Buzzer said...

Just wanted to ask, where you bought the trees locally? I also wanted to put trees on my next project but scratch building a decent one is too much work for my lazy a$$... thanks! and really awesome work here... (can't stop looking around after months...)

DC23 said...

Thanks, I got those trees at Deovyr SM North, same place I get my Vallejo paints and pigments. :)

Test_Buzzer said...

awesomeness bro!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS