Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, April 26, 2010

PG Gundam MK-II WIP part 3 - torso mods


Ello guys, I just finished detailing the PG MKII by cutting some armor parts and did some pla plating and some MSG Koto parts. I started working on the kit after lunch, so it took me around 5 hours to finish this...kinda slow actually. I have been slacking a bit for 2 weeks now, so I am a bit rusty I guess. hehe.

I used my fav triangular hasegawa saw to remove some portions of the armor parts to expose the very nice internals of the kit. PG internals are perfect after all...so I might as well expose them. The armor parts like the PG Zeta armor parts are  a bit difficult to cut actually, coz they are simply a ton thicker than MG armor parts. I have yet to clean up the glue marks of the pla plating and wet sand the pla plates to soften the edges a bit...but I think this is done. The client told me that he wants a Titan's color scheme for this, so I won't be adding too much detail, coz the dark Titan's scheme will hide it a bit.

I will then have to expose some internals on the other parts of the kit ( e.g. legs ) or scribe some thick panel lines if cutting the armor is not possible to maintain the consistency of the overall look of the kit. Anyways here are some pics of the progress...




the armor hides the very nice detailed internals of the waist part...









I exposed a few sections of the armor to expose some nice details...



I even exposed the rear waist area...





Now here are some photos with simple pla plating and some koto parts...























Thanks for viewing!!! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually like it. I have a PG striker and its an inspiration to detail it up. I like the bits yoi cut away to reveal some inner frame detaik. Look forward seeing some more...

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS