Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, March 27, 2010

painting 1/72 trucks


Ello guys, I reconstructed another small WIP part of my huge " The Graveyard " diorama...I do this coz I think that minor parts of the WIP will just be buried in the 38 WIP pages @ ZeroGunz and creating mini tutorials of it in my blog would be more accessible to my readers. 

This is basically a very amateur way of painting 1/72 kits for your Gunpla dioramas...I see lots of WIPS of armor painting that has a bit of complicated steps, which are really nice and has very good and subtle play of color tones and textures...But hey, if you are in a hurry to add a small truck to your Gunpla diorama, I think you need not spend a week to work on such a small kit. I did this truck for at most a few hours, maybe 3 hours tops and it did fine and looks ok in the diorama...



The truck is basically the main hauler of Gundam parts so I added a few scrap parts at the cargo to make it look like it's hauling Gundam parts...I assembled the kit for an hour and glued some small scrap parts. here are some pics...I also removed the seam lines on the wheels and left it curing overnight.










Now here is the painting...After sanding the seam lines and filling the mold marks and after priming the kit with Bosny grey primer and letting it dry for 20 minutes I basically hand painted the kit with a cheap acrylic ( Semco ), I figured that the texture that the hand painting will produce will add to the weathered look of the finishing. Again, this is all hand brushed, no fancy ABing or filters involved...








The wheels and details like the wipers and lights where painted with Gundam markers, I then gave the whole thing an enamel wash of Tamiya Flat Brown. I also gave the wheels an extra enamel wash of flat black and rubbed some Tamiya weathering master sand color to it. I also sparingly rubbed a few sand colored Tamiya weathering master on some of the cargo scrap parts and edges of the truck. Note that I did not even paint the scrap parts at the back of the cargo, thus each small part has there own color and was just blended together with the enamel wash. The flat brown looks like rust around the edges and crevices of the truck...looks ok for a fast painting session. Now here are some pics before attaching the windshield of the truck...



















Again, the painting is very amateur, no fancy ABing and complicated sounding filters to boot, but looks ok to me. The complicated painting steps of the armor pros is always the better option, BUT this is basically a no fuzz way of painting 1/72 trucks for your Gunpla dioramas ( 1/100 or 1/60 scale )...just handpaint the base color after priming, give it some enamel washes ( 1:5 thinner ) and drybrush with Tamiya weathering master.

Now here are some pics of the truck with it's windshield on, as seen in my " The Graveyard " diorama...











Thanks for viewing! til next post ;)
\

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS