Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, April 25, 2011

God of War NECA 12" Kratos figure repaint


I just finished painting and taking photos of this 12" Kratos action figure. I will give this to my client / officemate today and I hope he'd liked it. I actually enjoyed painting this toy specially the blood stuff. Battle damaging this is better than battle damaging Gundams! I will also look for my old LOTR toys and repaint once in the same manner.

I painted this with some Vallejo and Citadel paints and I never used any enamel washes this time. I basically re painted the gold and silver parts as they were too dull. I also added a few wounds to the figure and added blood using a red Gundam marker.

The red looks like real shiny blood as Gundam markers dries to a shiny hard paint. The flat coat of the skin tone together with the shiny blood and metallics completed the look that I was going for. I blended the skin tone of both the Medusa head and the Kratos figure with Vallejo pigments.

Overall I could have done some spot enamel washing to improve the painting and have removed the mold lines. But I love how easy the Vallejo pigments are applied, so I got lazy to mix some enamel paints. Besides enamel paints easily damages my brushes. 

I also did a simple base for this action figure. It is just a simple ground work that was also painted with some Vallejo paints and pigments. Vallejo paints and pigments and citadel paints came from above! These are fabulous paints for toy repaints and I highly recommend them.

A lot of thanks goes to my Skype buddies Hummingbird, Kamm and Decay for their suggestions on how to tackle this repaint without actually repainting everything. The next couple of photos shows the quality of the final photos ( lol ) and the jump before and after my repaint. Now here are a ton of photos of my blog's first TOY repaint...

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Toy Repaint Photo

Thanks a ton for dropping by! Hoped you liked this post as I plan to paint more toys! Thanks! :)


15 comments:

Gareth said...

This is awesome dude! this kratos is from what version?

DC23 said...

Thank you bro, hmmmm, the box says God of War II??? Not sure bro as I am not a gamer. :(

Gareth said...

erm i mean from which manufacturer? Neca?

DC23 said...

Yeah NECA. hehe

DC23 said...

Yeas Neca.

Gareth said...

IC, Thanks ya

DC23 said...

I think my officemate got it at 1,000 PHp. :)

Janus Lu said...

Wow! Nice repainting job. bro! Love it! :)

DC23 said...

Thanks Janus! Long time no see brother! :D

Crimsondramon said...

That is one SEXY KRATOS repaint there!

DC23 said...

Thank you sir! :)

Janus Lu said...

Recently busy drawing comic, less time involve in modeling hobby, but I like the way you deal with toy repainting, wish to see more of this in future. No pressure, bro. :)

DC23 said...

Yeah, I've been seeing it in your updates... Thanks man! will find some interesting photos to paint. my LOTR collection could be my next victims. :)

Mr_Gav said...

Very cool! I actually started playing the original God Of War today because of this model ;-)

DC23 said...

hehehe, thanks man! I am never good at games, that is why I do not play much. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS