Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, April 23, 2011

12" Kratos action figure custom base


base_photo

I just finished the custom base for the 12" Kratos action figure. I used the same old techniques of glue + sand mixture and painted it with Reeves acrylics. This was just a very quick base as I just dumped all the materials in a plastic tray and let it cure overnight.

I placed two sprues to serve as the pegs for the holes on the foot of the Kratos figure. Taped it in place and poured in some epoxy and stones. I then poured in my usual glue + sand mixture and let it stand and cure. Once cured I primed the base grey and painted it flat black.

I then drybrushed some greys to the base and also some whites to a few selected areas. I then brushed some Vallejo pigments to the surface and seal everything with an industrial grade flat /matte  coat. Nothing spectacular, just a simple nice base for a very nice figure. Now here are some photos of the  whole process...

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

base_photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


5 comments:

Krizkreations said...

DAM!...awesome bro..really looks like terrain...or volcanic sediment as would be the case in greece/rome at that time.

DC23 said...

Thanks Kriz! yeap I think a normal black and white groundwork with those pigments would work well with the figure. :)

Krizkreations said...

I had to come back and look at that again, YOU reallyyyy got this spot-on......You need to use this teqnique again sometime....just lovely.

DC23 said...

Will do on my MG Zeta diorama, although a little bit more sparingly as I do not want to make it look too rusted. Thanks man! :)

Kriz said...

galing mo talaga sir...

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS