Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, April 22, 2011

12" God of War - Kratos action figure review



An officemate commissioned me to repaint this 12 inch figure of Kratos from the God of War PS3 game.  I told him that it will look like a Gundam complete with battle damage effects once I return it ( lol ). I took some photos yesterday to serve as my " before " pics so that I could compare it once I finish painting this bad guy.

I thought this could also serve as a simple " Toy review " as I have a handful of photos to show anyways. My officemate wants this figure with a simple base and he also wants me to improve the painting of the metal parts.

The 12 inch figure is well done and the sculpt is marvelous. Although the painting of the metallics is very dull as usual, the overall quality of the painting is quite good. I think I will give the figure some washes specially on the bare red parts and some heavy washes on the metallic parts.

Vallejo and Citadel paints will be used to make the metal parts look more convincingly metallic. I will also try to improve the painting of the Medusa head and the swords. The kit also came with an alternate head. Although the alternate head won't fit on the body thus I have to shave the joint or something to make it fit.

I will be taking nice photos of this guy once I have painted it and have produced a simple base. Overall this is a must buy for any God of War fan or any guy who loves big 12" toy figures. Anyways here are some photos of the toy figure before painting...


















On a side note, I have finished putting decals to the MG Zeta, will panel line it later and spray a flat coat.

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! :)

5 comments:

Bobing said...

bakit may decal sheets? LOL, baka nga magmukang gundam yan. mei warning at caution decals sa paa at blades of chaos nya.:DDD

DC23 said...

Yeap, may warning decals din sa mukha! hahaha

Decay said...

The medusa head has a very bad color. I would go for a Khaki Drab to Desert Yellow with a bit of gray to give it more of a rattlesnake look.

DC23 said...

Thanks man! will do, will do! :)

Maycee said...

nice post

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS