Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, February 6, 2011

MG Zeta WIP - more damage effects to the hangar


In my previous post I showed you how I burned the diorama to simulate how the Dom landed violently towards the hangar. Now here is how I tried to exaggerate the crashing effect by adding bits and pieces of plastics around the Dom. 

I basically glued some small pieces of plastic from balloon sticks and cheap high impact plastic sheets with Pioneer Epoxy. After gluing them in place I let it settle for an hour ( ate lunch ) and then I applied some sand over the diorama. I pressed the sand to the epoxy and brushed away the excess. We then went to a mall to buy some stuffs and I re-primed the whole thing just to see how the new bits and pieces blends with the entire thing. Now here are some progress photos...








Burned the small plastic scraps a bit to further give it a nice damaged look...





Now here are some photos of the hangar damaged floor with the Dom. I think I kinda achieved the look that I was going for. The Dom looked more like it crashed and slid towards its final position. The hangar floor looks a bit more dynamic even though the Dom is just lying around.








My progress makes me itchy to paint the diorama already, however I still have to detail the hangar walls. Thanks for dropping by! Comments and suggestions are very much welcome as always! :)




14 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

*o* I'm speechless......

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks buddy! can't wait to see it painted to see if the damages really works. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

that's a Char Rick Dom! Isn't that some lousy kit you wanted to throw away kaya naging fodder dito? But good job with that scorching work.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

This might be your best diorama yet, with all the techniques your using on this one.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sir Don! is that a MG DOM? do you still need the articulated hands?:D if not pls let me buy it nalang sir :)

Thanks
Xcustomtoys

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

sir if that is a MG DOM pls let me just buy the articulated hands from you hehehe :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I already gave the hands to a MAC forumer in one of the meetups. I forgot who... sorry bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks sir, but I still have my The Graveyard as my best. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

??? thanks! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sorry bro, I do not have the hands with me already. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It's alright sir! next time if you have any spare MG sazabi and MG DOM hands I'll buy it hehe!:)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Cool, I'll make sure to tell you if I have one. :)

badot said...

#@#$@*!!! ang galing! ganun lang pala yun... your the best. nice tut.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks badut! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS