Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Starcraft ZERG HYDRALISK 1/30 model kit


Ello guys, I was cleaning my LOTR collection tonight when I saw this figure collecting dust in one corner...this is basically my FIRST painted model kit. This is a Starcraft Zerg Hydralisk 1/30 model kit by Academy, it stands around 4 inches tall and is made up of both plastic and rubber like plastic parts. I bought and painted this around 1996 ( I was 16 years old ;b ) and I got it for 200 Php or around 4 - 5 USD.

This is of course fully hand painted with cheap acrylics and dry brushed. I don't even know how to do washes at that time and I have know idea that I had to seal a painted kit with a final coat for protection. There are even some mold lines here and there. But looking at the pictures, it kinda looks ok. I had fun building this kit, simple construction and it was fun to paint...however I never painted a kit after this until I painted my first Gundam kit last 2008. I just bought Spawn figures and Marvel figs from 1997 - 2000. I did start a collection of 144 scale Gundams back in 1998, back I never painted those. Anyways, here are some photos of my first ever painted model kit back in 1996...


EDIT: This old work was re-painted... See Related Galleries Below. Thanks :)


















Thanks for viewing! til' next post! ;)

1 comment:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Have one in the box still, any idea if they will be collecters items?

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS