Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, March 27, 2010

1/100 HG Seravee Gundam snapfit - DC23


Ello guys, I snap fitted this kit for 3 hours right after getting home from the mall with the kids. Anyways, I had fun building this kit coz the build was pretty simple. The Seravee Gundam kit came with a Seraphim Gundam ( the black thin one )...and the Seraphim was kinda funny to build...it is like an overgrown HG 144 kit...the parts are too simple and the construction very flimsy at some points. BUT, getting two kits for almost the price of one is always a bargain.

I plan to build this after the AC White Glint commission work...I bought this initially coz I got inspired of doing a FAT Gundam after seeing Toymaker's MG FAZZ. I am lazy to do another FAZZ coz I just finished a FAZZ commission work late last year so I bought this instead. I wanted a Virtue but it was out os stock at the time when I bought this. 

The Seravee has a nice solid ( but light ) feel to it, the joints are almost sturdy enough to hold the cannons...but as usual with kits with big weapons...it is always better to find a support for the guns. This was a very straight forward build and the design of the kit is ok. The only qualm I have of this kit is the Seraphim in backpack mode...the waist joints tends to be easily pulled off  from the torso.

I like the kit very much coz I will be detailing it as usual and it looks like a canvass in OOTB form waiting to be painted on. Anyways here are some pics...sorry for the quality of the pics btw, I had a hard time exposing the black Seraphim coz I do not have enough lights, thus the white Seravee is over exposed...














As you can see, the kit has sooo much plain and big areas...and it would be lovely to detail this kit. I really like the head design though, it looks like the GP02 in a way.









Here is the Seravee Gundam ( fat and white ) along side the Serphim Gundam ( thin and black )...









The head design is veru very nice for me, however you have to remove and detach it in backpack mode...









Now, here are some pics of the combined kits...looks really nice, I am not a fan of the huge Gundam head at the back though, but that feature makes this Gundam very unique...and I like unique. ;)



You can set up the cannons in so many different ways and I looked at the box and they even have names for each set up. The first photo is the Burst Cannon...



The next couple of photos is the Twin Buster Cannon...both guns are attached to the arms ( arm guns ) of the Seraphim...





This one is the GN Bazooka II ( I forgot to pull the knee parts to make it look like another pair of cannons )...


AND my FAV set up, the burst cannon...both guns are attached to each other while the upper half is attached to one of the Seraphim arm gun...













I might mod the Seraphim to make it a permanent backpack coz the trnasformation of the legs and the waist area is very flimsy...but the look of the kit is really nice overall, I would recommend the kit to advance modellers who can mod it, but if you are a OOTB modeler, unless you like the simplicity of the surfaces of the armor...do not get one. Just get the 144 rendition of this mech if you plan to just paint this OOTB. ;)

Thanks for viewing! til' next post! ;)

8 comments:

G-ZOP said...

I really dont like fat gundams lol but meybe after your mods I'll change my mind

Anonymous said...

Hopefully bro...personally i like them fat like the FAZZ and the EXS, but this one is too plain though...but I like it after seeing it with the BFG. ;)

Sammy! said...

I love this kit. Especially the lack of detail on it because you can add them yourself...sky is the limit! hihi

Anonymous said...

Yeap bro sammy...I remember your Virtue actually and I want to copy your color scheme, hihi

Kam said...

Looking forward to seeing your mods, I like the Seravee because it looks good with furniture, just kidding :P

Anonymous said...

hahaha, thanks Kam! actually it looks like a refrigerator in OOTB form. hahaha

Luffy d Munkey said...

can't wait 2 c wat u do with this kit :D. i'll b honest, i'm still an OOTB builder. but i got the Seravee designer colors version n the decals made it look a bit beta :D

Anonymous said...

@ Luffy, hihi...still no idea on what to do with this bro...and I have to bump this off for a while to work on a PG MKII commission. Agree the designer colors version looks good. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS