Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Local Organizer did not allow me to join GBWC 2014!!!


The local organizer here in the Philippines did not allow me to join GBWC 2014, due to technical reasons. 

I basically misinterpreted the rules. I have the original 3 year old Bandai MG The O box ( as I do not buy bootlegs anyways ) and bought a kit of the same price at the event ( MG Sazabi verKa ) to qualify to join. I thought that buying a new kit from ToysR'Us ( the event sponsor ) will sort of give me a ticket to join GBWC. 

All in all I have spent around 12k worth of items at ToysR'Us to qualify to join. The local organizer told me that I should have the receipt of the MG The O, which is impossible as that kit is too old to have kept the receipt. Besides you don't normally buy Gunpla at malls as it is 40% more expensive than buying original Bandai sellers online.

Oh well. At least my daughter joined the contest. I fully understand the rules of the local organizer now. Only Gunpla bought at ToysR'Us are eligible to join the contest. You cannot even go to Japan and buy Bandai kits as you need to buy them from malls... The sad part is that because the local organizers are too strict, the turn around of participants every year is getting lower and lower. It worries me that fewer people are joining GBWC here in the Philippines... But very strict rules in joining does not help ( the photo below shows how few the participants are ). 


Well at least I and my daughter got a photo with Master Kawaguchi. And my daughter was allowed to enter GBWC Philippines 2014! 



Until next year guys! Will focus on my commissioned works from now on instead. :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sayang idol, sa akin naman EX-S ang base kit ko kaso wala na din silang stock, nag request ako sa TrU na sana magkaroon sila ng EX-s kit, eh di na daw sila magkakastock ng ganong kit. :(

Unknown said...

wew, that was a sad news
maybe you can join the contest in my country next moth :p

Ace said...

That's kinda bullshit imo

CKai Cydek said...

And this is why I never enter these kind of contests. Instead of getting hung up on ridiculous technical mumbo-jumbo, I'd rather compete with my peers in group and/or forum competitions. The time to complete your work is much more relaxed and you can concentrate on working your kit to be the best you can make it. And it's all for fun. I don't need international recognition. My kit's gonna stand on MY shelf. Not anyone else's.

Matanglawin said...

Well, I did mention this to Rey of Bankee, and the manager of TRU a couple of years back when they introduced the receipt rule. They should really allow purchase amount equivalent to the amount of the kit used instead, or in a case-to-case basis.

Unknown said...

Oks lang yan idol. Respeto nlalan natin rules nila. Kahit di ka man pinayagan. Champion ka pa rin naman. Go yellow tieren ver dc23

Dingo said...

That's a big boo boo right there. :/

On another note, can't wait to see you transform PG RX-01 to the "fourth" form :D

Unknown said...

sad to hear that bro..here in Malaysia the same rules applied..I already 70% on my Jesta and I've to buy a new kits to enter..luckily I almost finished it before next week GBWC..hopefully will be seeing your kits next year GBWC

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS