Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WIP - prettiest miniature face I have painted so far


Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

I needed to check if I am achieving the contrast I want with the miniatures I am working on, so I took photos of my work in progress to check.

I am pretty happy with the painting of the face of my Kommander Strakhov so far and I think it is my best painted human miniature face to date. It still needs a bit of red tones on the lips ( I'll use orange though ) and some darker recess areas maybe under the eyebrows and inside the lips. But I think he looks okay specially in person.

I also finished basing my Warmachine Khador Juggernaut, Destroyer and Shocktroopers and should be painting the metal parts soon. I drybrushed red orange on my Khador units already but my crappy point and shoot camera cannot capture it.

I am also happy with the skin tone of my Dire Troll Mauler in person. but again my camera seems to diffuse the contrast I have achieved. I think I need to add more contrast on the muscle tones after seeing these WIP photos. I am happy with the teeth of my Mauler though and should be adding some white streaks to increase the contrast. I just need to paint the rocks on the body and the nails to finish up my first ever Warbeast.

I am desperately in need for a better camera as these minis are so hard to capture with my old point and shoot.

Progress is a bit slow as I played with my 20 point Trollbloods army with these Khadoran army earlier today. I played a couple of games with my 8 year old daughter and had fun with a simplified rule game. NO focus and fury points and NO special abilities whatsoever...just MAT / RAT versus DEF, ARM, AOE. I lose twice as our simplified game is mostly based on DI luck! :)

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

Warmachine Hordes WIP photo

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS