Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP - Tyranid Trygon Mawloc has just arrived!


The Warhammer 40k Tyranid Trygon Mawloc commission work has just arrived!

The client gave me the model almost fully assembled and was painted with Behemoth color scheme ( Red and Black ) already. This is painted with lacquer paints using an airbrush. He basicaly combined the huge arms of the Trygon and the nice head of the Mawloc. If I am not mistaken, this is the biggest Tyranid model in stores.

I just need to base this and paint. The base should arrive tomorrow and could start basing this monstrosity by then. After basing I could then paint the dang thing with my usual Vallejo recipe. No prep work! I just need to do faux painting, washes, highlights and detail painting and this should be done soon!

Great huge miniature model from Games Workshop. Easily my most impressive miniature to date. Lots of detail painting and faux painting ahead and my brushes are so excited after I finished dry fitting all the parts. I do not deserve to paint such a beautiful Tyranid and I hope I give this model some justice.

Anyways here are some photos of this impressive model towering over my lighter...

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo

Lurking not far behind is a box of Space Marines Tactical Squad... stay tuned guys!

Tyranid Trygon Mawloc photo


6 comments:

junex said...

One tip I learned about painting black is not to basecoat with black, you can't shade it.

DECAY said...

HAHAHAHA DON!!! You did a Tyrant!! Cool I hope to get My tyrannofex posted up soon.

Good job bro :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Junex, thanks for the tip bro... but I did not paint this, client gave it to me painted. :)

@ hehehe, you are POISON Marc! will just add highlights and midtones. Looking forward to yours. :)

Joel said...

Hi, Nice post. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me.

Thanks!

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com

kriz said...

wicked bro...cant wait to see what you do with this..I know its gonna ROCK!...Have fun bro.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Joel, what is the content of your website sir? Just post the link here? :)

@ Kriz, Thanks as always brother! hope so man, hope so. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS