Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, February 24, 2012

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set - unboxing



GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

Finally I had time to post this little critters. This Games Workshop ( GW ) Lord of the Rings ( LOTR ) Mordor Orcs set will be my first ever venture to the world of miniatures. Apparently after a bit of research, I learned that these figures are almost half the size of your usual Warhammer and WarMachine / Hordes figures. I hope to get a figure of a Horde soon and will shoot some comparison photos.

The figures are very well detailed and are beautifully sculpted as expected. More than enough details and textures packed in such small figs. There are 24 Mordor Orcs figures in the box. However there are only 12 unique sculpts multiplied by 2. So you'll get two of each unique sculpt. I tried to modified how each " twin " figure posed on their bases and also tried vainly to alter the angles of a few arms.

Most of the figures came in one piece sculpts, save maybe around 6 in which you have to glue the arms with the weapons ( spears ). I have washed all the pieces in water and dish washing soap and have glued them on their small bases already. Will start on the basing before I paint and work on the figures themselves.

You basically have to remove mold lines all over the figs and reculpt a few details like creases on the clothes and armor parts. I have prepped only 4 figures so far and should continue to clean up the rest of the figs. Much like Gunpla, will build up my skill first on cheaper sets and figures before I attempt to paint the more expensive ones ( hopefully soon ).

Hope to be painting very soon and hope to get my first Privateer Press Hordes figure very soon too.

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo
GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo
GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo
GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

GW LOTR Mordor Orcs set photo

2 comments:

Granesh said...

Ah, Mordor Orcs...they were my first miniatures army, and I had a blast playing them. Last time they hit the table though, they were proxies for Tyranid Termagants. Can't wait to see you paint them up!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ Granesh, Thanks so much Granesh! Love your site btw... thanks for the encouragement, appreciate it bro. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS