Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, July 1, 2011

No wonder my dog is still hungry...


Dog Kibble Photo

I just got home from the office and just walked my Rottweiler Panzer for his poop walk ( so that he won't poop in his house ). Anyways as I've posted a while back, Panzer got sick for 3 days and is all well now. However he seems still a bit hungry after 2 scoops of kibble every meal.

He gets 3 meals a day with 2 scoops of Eukanuba Lamb and Rice. As I have suspected, I am NOT feeding him enough! Apparently my kibble scooper ( a toy cup ) is 1/3 cup only, so basically I am feeding him 2/3 cup a meal. After some research, I discovered that I am feeding him 1/3 cup less than what I should be feeding him at 3 months of age. I should be feeding him a cup a meal and not 2/3 cup a meal.

Panzer just turned 3 months 5 days ago ( June 26 ), so I have been feeding him 1/3 cup less than what he should be getting for the past 5 days. I already took a different scooper for his kibble earlier before posting and it should fix the problem. 

Glad I researched earlier, at least I know I have only been underfeeding my Rottweiler for 5 days. Now I have here a chart to remind myself and save myself from googling " How much " should I roughly be feeding my Rottie.

Age                          type of food       meals/day       cups/day
2-3    months             growth               2-3                   2-3
3-4    months             growth               2-3                   2 1/2-3 1/2
4-6    months             growth                  2                   3-5
6-8    months             growth                  2                   4-6 1/2
8-18  months             growth                  2                   4-6
males-1 1/2-2 years  growth                   2                   5-6
Adults                       adult                      2                   2-6
pregnant/nursing     growth                 2-3                   2-12 go by condition

Sorry for the irrelevant post, but this post would save me from googling everytime. :)

2 comments:

chev said...

not entirely irrelevant. my askal (how i wish i named him gundam to be relevant hahahha) should be happy. i think i underfed him too :(
very helpful thanks!

Phan2m862 said...

Good Day Master D!... where again can i buy pin vise?... yung malapoit lng sa malate... Hope you'll answer back soon... at saka mura na dual airbrush.... Thanks again Master...
 

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS