Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finding the perfect balance in my dioramas...


custom_Gundam_base

Pardon me for wasting your mouse click to this post guys.  But I got itchy to construct the skeleton of a new diorama project. Nothing new here as I pretty much did a diorama out of CD cases and diskettes before. And nothing much to show as I only glued together 20 diskettes, 18 CD cases and a couple of diskette cases.

A fellow modeler who is actually writing a " study " in diorama building interviewed me a couple of days ago. The interview actually inspired me to build this mega size diorama and hope to do better this time. I hope to find the perfect balance with this new project.

" Perfect Balance " ? What the hell is this guy talking about? you ask? lol
Well, I think I still have to strive more on how to hit that perfect balance between the subject of the dio and the diorama itself. I want a really detailed mecha as the main subject, I also want the overall look to focus on the main subject, but I also want a really busy diorama to compliment the main subject.

My " The Graveyard " diorama which focused so much on utilizing my old Seed kits and focused so much on the details of the diorama, has a very bad composition. The Infinite Justice actually looks out of place as it has little or no interaction with the base.

My " Gilgamesh Project " on the other hand focused too much on blending both the main subject ( Sazabi ) with it's surroundings. Although it looks pretty descent, both the main subject and the diorama are too complimentary and the lack of action just made it a tad boring. The diorama although it complimented the main subject well, just lacks the " punch " you are looking for in a good diorama build.

SO, the focus this time is to create a diorama that has both the main subject/s and the base complimenting each other, but at the same time would stand out on their own. I need an extra " punch " to the overall look of the diorama and I think some careful planning of the poses, the angles and the details of both the subject and the base would do the trick.

Hopefully as I go along working on this project, we could revisit this post and clearly identify what I am blabbing about. Anyways, here are a few more photos of the skeleton of my diorama so far...

custom_Gundam_base

custom_Gundam_base

custom_Gundam_base

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


12 comments:

bd77 said...

This... This itches me in doing my own diorama from my Jegans and one ReZEL-C HGUC kits. The use of CD cases and floppy disks is... Hmm...
Sadly, my painting skills are non-existent. XD

DC23 said...

Cool! Glad the post inspired you to build a dio. Just spray grey all over and apply some enamel washes... voila! hangar diorama! hehehe

shiro11 said...

Can't wait to start another Dio too since the last one I did is still to me the best work I have ever done, but just have too many builds I have to get out of the way first (4 of which I haven't even bought the models of yet).

Vulcan said...

still need to work on my first dio.

Kamm said...

great idea Don, loving the layout so far. I think its great your trying to improve your dio skills and sharing how you feel you can improve. its good to read from the Master himself. I have yet to try make a dio. No time! haha

DC23 said...

Oh that will be a while man. hehehe :)

DC23 said...

Try it man, its really fun! and it brings a lot of character to your build. :)

Krizkreations said...

I think I already know what you are up too my friend, I am chuckling my butt off with excitement.

DC23 said...

Master? Nah I am no master man! Still learning a lot, will tell you when I feel I am master level already. LOL

DC23 said...

hahahaha! will tell you on Skype brother. hahaha

Xander X said...

Confusion say, if one wants to achieve balance, one must use weighing scale...

DC23 said...

HAR HAR! lol

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS