Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A glimpse of my MG Sazabi before weathering...


This post shows some of the parts assembled together and is ready for detail painting and weathering. Yes, I will do the decal work last, after the detail painting and weathering I will seal this with a nice gloss coat of future and then decal it.

I won't detail paint this kit much though, just a few hints of red and some koto parts painting. I do not want it to look like a huge white Christmas tree with small glittery detail painting of greens, blues and reds. I mean, too much detail painting with so much colors is not my type.

Lastly, I just want to keep a few archive photos of this build before weathering... because after weathering this kit might look worse and not as good as how it looks right now. Actually, I could always  just add decals and photoshop the photos and deemed it as finished, but I really want this one weathered.

I also decided against the camo pattern thingee, as I really like how my subtle shading turned out. I am afraid I do not have enough skills to add shading on the camo pattern and it might just ruin the shading of the white areas. Anyways here are a few photos of the build before weathering...





Samuel decals I got from Hobbies Corner last September, bought this set specifically for this build. :)



Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)

14 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

*_* awesomeness!!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

kakatakot naman tong kit na to heheh

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

sayy... how do you do that partly colored pipe?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! glad the progress is going smoothly as of now... currently drybrushing the whole thing now. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nyek... mabait ito... kulay puti eh. lol

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

airbrush bro... :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Oh may GAHD!!! O_0

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Bro, let me throw some possible idea's your way and a few things to consider.
I did read your post on this, and feel that you should add some kinda color to break up all that white/ish tone's.
True to life winter camo has 2 or 3 white too gray color tone's and you can definately pull it off bro. There are a few ways you can do this: tamiya tape (stripe/digital) or silly putty/kids clay fashioned in serpentine designs. If it where mine I would use another trick (take a pieace of window screen or mesh cut into 3x3 squares and then mask it with tamiya tape , after that use a hobby knife and cut specific shapes into the tape. Once the cut outs are removed lightly AB over the desired parts, you should get a unique cross hatched design and if you repeat said step with another color you will get a pseudo digi effect.

Food for thought bro.
all the best "D" : )

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Paul! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks a ton for the tips Kriz, but I figured that time is not on my side already bro... I still have to paint the backpack, add details to the diorama, paint the 1/72 figures and weather the whole kit. Too much work that I have to finish in exactly a week. I started this project early but I still ended up rushing it for Bandai World Cup. :(

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

OH SH@T, Never Mind :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Exactly, my speed painting is at a test starting today bro. hehehe :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Good! When I saw your first pict, I thought it was GPO2's shield... XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehehe.... thanks! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS