Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PG MKII commission - WIP - Armor Cutting


Ello guys I managed to cut the thick armors of the PG MKII yesterday and today. Kinda slow coz the armors are really thick and I am not really comfortable with this kind of mod. I first scribed some panel lines on the part to be cut and then saw it with my Hasegawa saw... I then cleaned it up with a file and an art knife.

I will then have to add a few pla plating to maintain consistency with the torso mods and I might scribe a few panel lines and some MSG option parts also. I friggin' ran out of Tamiya thin cement thus I could no longer detail this kit today. Well, at least I am back to working on this kit again.

This kit will not have much detailing coz the client wants it in Titans color, thus I am afraid the dark color scheme will just hide the pla plating if I add too much. Anyways, here are some pics of the armor cutting...






I scribed panel lines before cutting as a guide later...















A few thick 1.2mm pla plates before running out of thin cement...






Thanks for dropping by! til next post! XD

6 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hell yes to the mods!!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Buzzer! its hard to cut coz its thick, but well worth it. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

yes! everthing seems to blend in with the MKII design! I wish I could do something like that in the future!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thank you bro... lucky cuts I guess. hehe XD... I'm sure you will, just a little practice and the right tools. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

damn.. these armor split trick is making the kit more awesome~ I must try it once XD, this is great!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! try it on MGs not on PGs... its a lot more fun coz the MG armors are thinner. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS