Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, November 22, 2009

PG Zeta commision work WIP part I

woHello guys, I just got this PG Zeta this afternoon, lovely box with a lineart illustration of both the rider and mech mode of the Zeta...This is actually my first time to build a PG....and after opening the box I was kinda surprised to see two smaller MG boxes inside...the first one I opened contained the unassemble parts of the backpack and the second box has the PG Zeta assembled already.

My first impression was of course wow, it's huge!...however on second thought it looks like my Transformer animated series toys, lots of bare spaces and very plain looking, BUT, if you look at the mechanisms closely...even the underside of the feet have piston stuff...nice looking mech, but will hopefully look better once I give it a few modding here and there. Anyways here are the pics...

BTW, the exclusive FORUM thread of this build is at ZERO G...here is the link:

http://forum.zerogunz.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6895

























Honestly from afar, it looks like an oversized HGUC with a version 2 MG articulation...can't wait to deatil this up. hihihi


UPDATE 12-04-09: Color Scheme

Hello guys, I am still currently not working with this build yet, but have started assembling the backpack. I still have not painted my hguc Zaku also...I will work on this PG Zeta once I painted the Zaku, maybe around Saturday so I will definitely work on this PG full time by Sunday.

Anyways, the client emailed me a couple of pics of his desired color scheme for his PG Zeta...I like the color scheme but it is too dark for me, I tend to add lots of detail thus dark colors would hide my detailing so I decided to design a lighter color scheme of what the client showed me.

Here are the pics that the client emailed me ( to the owner of the kit, please do contact me in the chat box, so that I can credit you here...thanks )...

Client's PEG...


 

AND here is a pic of the original color scheme of the Zeta...




Then here is the color schemes I designed in photoshop...study A has yellow as the only highlight color, giving it a very serious and somewhat realistic feel to the kit...while study B is so much like the pegs color scheme with red and yellow as highlight colors. Note that the lightest shade in both studies is light gray and that the dark gray parts are reduced to the chest area and other small parts only, unlike the peg which is predominantly dark gray/black.

STUDY A




STUDY B




What do you guys think?




UPDATE 12-12-09 : Custom base...preliminary construction...

Hello guys, I have been trying to figure out how to mount this PG Zeta in a custom base for weeks now...at long last I found the materials to make a mount that is sturdy enough to hold the PG, actually it's strong enough to mount 2 PGs.hihi

Here are some pics...I was able to find a piece/part big enough to drill a hole into...usually MGs are easy to mount coz the crotch area is only made up of one to three big parts...thus drilling a hole is not a problem...as you can see in the pics below, the PG zeta has a pretty complicated crotch...lucky me I found a big enough part to drill...





I also found a brass/copper tube and a couple of drill bits...the drill bits will be the male peg and will be glued to the Zeta once finished, I will simply insert the drill bits to the brass tube to serve as the mount...











Now the PG Zeta is mounted I will then have to work with the base...I used an old base, but find it too small for the kit. I then sawed a piece of rectangular plywood to enlarge the base...




I then have to chisel off portions of the sides of the base...so that I won't have to polish the sides and sand like hell to make it look nice...I trimmed the sides with a utility knife...














Now I think the base is big enough for this huge kit...I will just have to research on what base I want to do for this kit...I will also ask for the client's input on this...






That is Sammy, my second daughter trying to reach the drill. hihi...she is too short to reach it though.






5 comments:

howardkhor said...

MY GOD...PG zeta, rare to see this! rock on!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Oh, I hope I won't dissapoint you man.

Unknown said...

Are you planning to mod this one or just a straight build with custom color? Haven't seen many PG Zeta's , can't wait to see the final :D

progenitor said...

Hey, do you still accept commissions?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

What kind of glue did you use to mount the metal rod on the wood base, thanks.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS