Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, August 12, 2011

8 inch custom robot DIY QEE ver DC23


custom robot vinyl toy

I almost finished this a few days back before being confined in the hospital. Just got back today, managed to add silver paint chipping effects around the cockpit lid and a few areas and brushed some Vallejo pigments on some corners and crevices. It is I think pretty much complete now.

Honestly I was not really sure on the direction of the build at first, I was just hoping that my weathering and painting skills would save me at the end. I hope it did. LOL. I airbrushed this with Vallejo grey primer, airbrushed with Vallejo yellow and then weathered with more Vallejo paints, pigments and washes.

As I was afraid to ruin the vinyl surface underneath, All Vallejos were thinned with water only even during airbrushing. This is now sealed with Vallejo satin finish and not my usual future. Hope my client from the US likes it, even though this is my first commission work on an 8 inch vinyl toy. ANyways, enuff talk and here are some pics...

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

custom robot vinyl toy

Thanks as always for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


4 comments:

WOL said...

nice effect, nice paint job, everything is nice, hehe

Kamm said...

weathering looks amazing bro! wow..... glad to see more work from you!

DC23 said...

Thanks Kammy! :)

DC23 said...

Thanks a ton WOL! Just featured your 00 Raiser btw. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS