Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Toymaker versus DC23 face-off WIP - big butt!


As most of you know I am not good in scratch building, It was a bit of surprise for me though that I kinda pulled off at least the basic shape of the main part of my The O II conversion. I think more or else I was able to get the shape I was aiming for. I just need to pile pla plates or put putty on the damaged corners and sand it smooth and curvy. A visible crack on both sides will also need some reinforcement on the inside and a bit of putty work outside.

The main obstacle of the but is the big hole that I was luckily able to achieve. The layers of .5mm pla plates I added last night was able to make the shell really strong and thick on some of the crucial curved areas. I was aiming for the hole for the main engine block at the butt, much like what you see in the photo below...


Now here are a few more photos on how I as able to achieve the hole for the main engine block...



First I bored large holes on the corners coz I do not want sharp corners in this build. I think I will be sanding down any corners so that the overall look is nice and curvy. After drilling the large holes, I sort of connected the dots with my Tamiya scriber and sawed it off. I was really afraid while I was doing this as the butt might lose it's curves once I have removed a significant amount of support.

Gladly all those layers of .5mm pla plates that I layed down hardened to form a thick 2-3 mm shell at the most crucial parts. The shell retained it's shape even after I have remove the hole where the main engine block will be placed. Voila! I have the main shape and the biggest scratch building hurdle of my The O II conversion is done.

I will be leaving this butt as it is as I will work on the MG Zeta now. Plus one of the main features of this build is the butt, thus I do not want to rush and finish early. I also need to research a bit further on how I would do the engine blocks, the details underneath the butt and the detailing and modifications of the butt itself.

I will now sit back and wait for Toymaker's first update. ;)






Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)



5 comments:

Nev Nanreh said...

hello! Kamusta? yung High Impact Plastic Sheet at tamiya plaplate, ano po bang pandikit ang ginagamit dun? pwede rin ba yung tamiya extra thin cement dun? or mighty bond talaga? 

Nev Nanreh said...

Alam na. thanks anyway! mahusay ka DC!

DC23 said...

Pwede rin ang Tamiya thin cement bro. :)

DC23 said...

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS GIANT NEO GEO!!!!!!!!! MORE UPDATE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS