Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, February 3, 2011

applied cast iron effects on my bitBOT


This is again my little entry for our concept MECHA GB at MAC forums. The concept GB has now 27 participants and has so many outstanding concept mechas as of now in the WIP section. Mine is one of the simplest thus, I have to produce a few more bitBOTs for the GB.

I glued the parts together with Epoxy last night and primed it earlier today. I then added some needed texture to my bitBOT as it looks too plastic looking even after priming. I used a Tamiya surface primer and dabbed it to the kit using a sponge. This is pretty similar to the paint chipping effects I use for weathering only I am using a surface primer.

The cast iron effect is not really intended as a cast iron effect. I plan to weather this guy a lot thus the texture will look more like rust than cast iron.I will paint this white before painting it with blue after posting. I should be able to paint and weather this little bitBOT later today. Now here are a few pics of my progress so far...











Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


6 comments:

DarkWorkx said...

sir Dc, let me ask you if you used that liquid surface primer for priming the whole toy?...i'm planning to prime my sd astray :D 

Thanks for your answer

DC23 said...

Nope I primed it with Bosny grey primer before applying it. :)

xây dựng, construction, paint said...

thank your pager

DC23 said...

huh??? :D

Pa Ul said...

Ang galing naging parang totoo un rush effect nya -- Pa Ul (creator of Global Artist Circle Group)
http//pa-ul.blogspot.com - may website
http//myartandprofile.blogspot.com - our group website

Archer said...

Red clover restores and balances hormonal function and nourishes the uterus. Whether the current market price of the CEF is lower than NAV or not. This Economic Crisis could cause the Government to return to some form of a Gold Standard. Not bad for a group of guys a lot of us in the US are only becoming aware of.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS