Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Starwars Stormtrooper in progress

While I wait for the green stuff in the joints of the Ironman figure to harden and cure, I thought I'd start with the repose of the Starwars Stormtrooper 12 inch action figure.

The original toy has a silly standing pose that looks really funny in any pose. It will be a total waste of paint work if I won't repose this dang toy. I thought the proportions were off but after the repose it looks sort of just right.

Sawing the arms was a pain in the butt! The joints of this Stormtrooper are pretty solid. I actually broke a Tamiya saw in the process and had to use my old Trumpeter saw instead.

I also cut and heated up the joints of the legs and the ankle areas. It was a fairly quick work and the repose looks waaaaayyyyy better than the original silly pose. I need to fill in and sculpt the areas with huge gaps to complete the repose.

I will also need to create a simple futuristic base for this toy. Will have to get supplies to continue work on this figure. The usual green stuff and epoxy putty should work well with the sculpting of the gaps soon.

















1 comment:

Redd said...

Dude!!!!! I never thought that it would look more badass after what you did! I agree with you with the repose. It went from noob to veteran a looking trooper! Looking forward for the finished piece!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS