Wednesday, March 21, 2012

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF!

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

I just bought my first ever " Green Stuff " tube today and I am super itchy to try my hands on basic gap filling or even basic sculpting with this stuff!

I have been using a lot of carpenter's epoxy putty ( Pioneer and Selley's ) for the past few years and have been using the higher grade Tamiya Epoxy Putty for the past couple of years on my robot ( Gundam ) plastic remodeling needs. Although I think this green stuff might practically be almost the same with the Tamiya stuff in terms of handling and quality... I just find it intriguing to use green this time around. Besides it's what most ( if not almost all ) miniature artists use on their minis.

I doubt I will be sculpting a whole arm much more a whole miniature with green stuff any time soon... I am overly excited to try it out though. Maybe I could sculpt a damaged Warjack or something to warm me up and see if I have a bit of talent in sculpting ( hoping I do ). I am also excited to show you future posts as I learn to use green stuff, but for the meantime will leave you with a few links of how other miniature artists use them.

Here is a few " Green Stuff " links guys...


goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo

goodbye Tamiya E Putty, hello GREEN STUFF! photo
Post a Comment