Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, October 16, 2011

MG The O II project - foot and zimmerit patterns!


MG The O II WIP photo

I made a few progress with my entry for our Toymaker versus DC23 face off yesterday and early today. The epoxy curing is slowing me down a bit though, but I am pretty happy with my progress as I can now see how my build will be turning out.

Once I have sanded the skirts to it's final shape, I will be detailing this huge build at last. I have started working on the foot parts and will be assembling them together tonight. The " zimmerit " texture or whatever it is called was done with epoxy as usual and I had a blast poking it the whole night.

I am almost seeing the final shape of the front skirts after tons of epoxy and sanding. I also almost finished up the huge shoulder armors that I gave some ridiculous cast iron texture using the same epoxy I used for the zimmerit patterns. This build is obviously master " Kobayashi " inspired and is shaping up the way I wanted it.

I have never inhaled this amount of plastic, epoxy and putty dust since I started this hobby back in 2008. The amount of putty and epoxy I have used so far for this build is totally insane and is getting really expensive really fast! Due to my very basic skill in scratch building, the amount of sanding to get the major parts ( specially the front skirt ) to it's final shape is also insane. But everything should end up more or less the way I wanted it ( hopefully ) at the end.

Anyways here are some photos of my Kobayashi inspired MG The O II build so far...






















Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update guys! :)




12 comments:

Kamm said...

Starting to come to life Don! Really cant wait to see this beast detailed and primed.

ITS SO HUGE!!!! hahaha <3

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Kammy! This is so fun, hope someday I could scratch build a 1/48 of this. hahaha :D

akgunpla said...

hey bro..what epoxy putty do you use..i see you used at least 2 for this build..

seven6398 said...

its look heavy.. another huge one from you.. those ice-cream cup on the shoulders.. cool.. btw.. how you add those sidebar or gadget in this dynamic template?

aor_or_die said...

nice work Don!!!! I like so much the zimmerith on foots!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@ akdunpla, Tamiya epoxy putty quick type and Pioneer Aqua type epoxy.

@ seven, hehehe... this is not dynamic template bro... the photos above are html. :)

@ aor, thanks bro... will add more zimmerits! :)

MR_ZINC (AULON) said...

huge and powerfull - just the way i like it ;)

1/48 you say? why not 1/20?? ;) :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

1/35 is insane... 1/20 should eat up too much space! hehehe :) Thanks Aulon!

Oceansean said...

hmmmmnnnn.....

DarkWorkx said...

are those balloon sticks from our mac anniv? haha

Joey said...

now that's what you call "Insane Grade"! hahahaha XD

seven6398 said...

cool.. i thought you're using css..

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS