Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, September 12, 2011

more VALLEJO paints and pigments!


Vallejo paints and pigments photo

As most of you know, I am in love with these Vallejo stuffs these days. In fact I have painted this, this and this with Vallejos. I basically hand painted the 1/30 Terran Marine in my Starcraft diorama with Vallejo paints and washes. I used some Vallejo washes, clear varnish and some dry brushing with my Leader class Starscream repaint.

But what made me buy more of these paints is when I painted my 8 inch DIY QEE.



I used my Vallejo grey primer for the first time and it worked like a charm for that vinyl figure. I weathered the figure with Vallejo paints and pigments as well.

However using the Vallejo MODEL COLOR for airbrushing is not really advisable ( even if you thin it with water 1:1 ratio ). It dries too fast and clogs your air guns. You need to buy a Vallejo retarder to use it for your guns. Although I managed to airbrush the diy QEE with thinned model color.

Vallejo paints and pigments photo

So I bought some Vallejo MODEL AIR today. The model air was made for airbrushes unlike the model color which has thicker consistency and is made for hand painting plastic model kits. Much like the other Vallejo stuffs , this paints should work like a charm. Besides, I've tried the primer, the varnishes, the pigments and the model color... the air master should prove to be as good.

Yes I am proud to say I am a convert, I no longer buy Tamiya paints and I only use Vallejo stuffs... for now. hehehe. Just got to love these paints.

Vallejo paints and pigments photo

Vallejo paints and pigments photo

I now have 8 Vallejo pigments in my pigment collection. The 2 new pigments are the nearest colors to most rusts. These pigments should help me improve my weathering further.

Vallejo paints and pigments photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post guys! :)




7 comments:

Mr_Gav said...

Glad you wrote this dude, I'm considering going to Vallejo from Tamiya, just because the colour range is better and the metallics are better, you get double the amount for the same price, easier to get here in UK (can only get 10ml Tamiya jars here).. The list goes on!

Only thing is Tamiya thins with Isopropyl, which is dirt cheap.. Vallejo thinner is expensive!

DC23 said...

No need to thin the MODEL AIR for airbrushing. Much like the primer I shot through my airbrush without thinning. The MODEL COLOR is great for hand painting though... the metallics are pretty good BUT I have yet to try their alcohol based super metallics ( I forgot what they call it ).

I actually demanded a store to get the full range of colors. Now they have almost ALL of them. hehehe

Mr_Gav said...

Brilliant, thanks!

Yeah an upcoming project of mine is a Strike Rouge, and tamiya only have one shade of pink.. lol. Vallejo have exactly the shades I need, so will definitely try them out for that at least.

Glad you're still up waiting for EUGC results from Kamm!

DC23 said...

I will use the model AIR for the first time soon... will let you know if it is as great as the other paints. :)

Ken Lagman said...

Try thinning the Model Color with Windex (1:1 ratio) to use through your airbrush... it will work like a charm! :)

DC23 said...

Oh thank you sir! will hunt for Windex in the groceries??? 

Oni Domingo said...

Care to share where can i get cheap deals for Vallejo Model Air paints and Pigments?

Went to Deovir Arts Shop in SM Manila, they don't have the Model Air paints, only the Model Color variants at 124 pesos each, which i bought 3 but I may return them because it may clog up mg airbrush.

Store locations and prices would greatly help.

Thanks!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS