Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Automatic post summary for Blogger!


Woot! I successfully applied a nice hack I have been looking for for months now! You see beautiful post summaries in wordpress but blogger does not have this as a default feature.I also have been trying to improved my free website ( pun intended ) since failing miserably in a website rater website yesterday ( did that make sense? ).

My blog scored 78 out of 100 and got this low score mainly due to the amount of images and links in my homepage. Thus, since yesterday I have removed banners, links and images here in the homepage ( I apologize to the cool fellow bloggers that I had to sacrifice for this ). The rater said that I had 106 images and got a warning that I have more than 100 links.

I have trimmed the images to 35 and the links to roughly around the same number though. Aside from having so many images before, The rater told me to reduce the size of my images in my homepage ( not posts ). So, the new hack that I am about to share is very much crucial for reducing the size of the images and thus speeding up the loading time of my blog.

This hack shows a summary of your posts in your home page! Great stuff as it does not only reduce the image size of your post it also automatically post them in summary. Forget jump breaks that you need to manually place in your post to sort of simulate a summary.

Jump breaks are cool as you have control on where to break, however the size of your first image remains the same. You could modify the code much like I did to suite your taste and it is the easiest hack I have ever applied in my blog so far ( since November 2009 ).

Here is the link to the site where I got the hack... Automatic post summary for Blogger!  Just follow the instructions and voila! Cool summaries for your blog for faster uploading time. However, if you use the Jump break in your posts, you have to delete it in your HTML code or else you will have two links saying " Read More ".

Find the code...

<data:post.body/>

 Then delete the code below that is directly below <data:post.body/>...

<b:if cond='data:post.hasJumpLink'>
<div class='jump-link'>
<a expr:href='data:post.url + "#more"'><data:post.jumpText/></a>
</div>
</b:if >


Voila again! NO more double Jump link codes! 

Don't take my word for it, look for a website / blog rater and rate your site. But the main thing here is less images, less links, less html gadgets ( just can get rid of my facebook fan page ) results to faster loading time and hopefully results to more visitors and readers.


Have fun with the code guys!





No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS