Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MG Zeta WIP - Khaki colored diorama


I just finished painting the Zeta hangar diorama and I painted it Khaki! Yeap, instead of the usual grey hangar I thought of painting this one Khaki. I still have to add my usual miniature posters and some 1/100 figures to complete this and I might also give it a couple more enamel washes as it looks a bit too clean for my taste.

WHY in the hell did I paint the hangar Khaki? Simple, I think painting it in Khaki will make the pink Dom blend a bit more with the diorama as both are warm tones. PLUS, The Zeta will be painted in blue tones thus it will have a nice contrast against the Khaki colored diorama. Blue Zeta ( cool tones ) will definitely stand out against the Khaki ( warm tones ). Besides aren't we tired of grey hangars already? lol

Anyways I hope the client likes it, though comments and suggestions are very much welcome as always. Now here are some more photos of my Khaki colored diorama...
















Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! ;)




13 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Man I love the color. So much better than plan old grey. The shading looks top notch also. Your weathering just keeps getting better. More realistic with each build. Looking forward to seeing the Zeta.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Matt! Not really good with shading, I am still practicing it. The Zeta will have a few more mods, should be ready for priming after this coming weekend. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

the dio looks AMAZING!! great choice on the color. it really does add that much more. i do have a question however, i know that you will more than likely fill the seam-lines on the zeta. i was just wondering how do you fill the seam-line and paint the armor if you have a painted inner-frame and the armor won't come off after the seam-line removal? it has just been very baffling for me as no modeler shows how to do this in their tutorials or WIPs

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Awesome work as always Don. Love the colour choice. Your explanation of it helps too, talking about cool and warm tones. Somthing i overlook a lot!

Thank you for sharing!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

@Sagansen

The only thing I know to do is to make the seem line into a panel line so it looks lit it belongs. Simply put the armor on and while holding tightly together is a scriber or the back side of a hobby knife to scribe a panel line. I do this a lot because I am lazy and hate removing seems. :) lol

Of course if you do not plan on taking the armor off simply paint the frame, put the armor on, mask the frame and joints so they don't damaged in the next step, remove seem in the usual way and then paint the armor while the frame and joints are still masked.

Hope that helps

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Matt Mrozek answered your question on top bro. I will try to show them in my wip. Thanks! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I feel I need to explain as you don't see Khaki colored dios often. Thanks buddy! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Matt! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Sorry Donc, didn't mean to steel your thunder I just saw his question and thought I would answer. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nope, thanks a ton! saves me the time bro. hihi XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thank you soooo much! That has solved my conundrum

Rattler said...

well being alil late on this one... and being a noob..lol

the whole khaki idea works.. it makes the pinkie pop out which is very eye catching and draws the attention of the veiwer... Outstanding job DC, keep up the great work !!

DC23 said...

Thanks a ton sir! But the client wanted it in grey, so I have repainted this. :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS