Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, February 11, 2011

G-SHOT Best Diorama category winner - Nathaniel Barrera

The Best Diorama category was the most exciting category to judge, This cat was one of the cause of delay in the announcement of the winners. After the Final Round voting, we ended up with a virtual tie between Giovanni Hilario ( GMAC creator ) and Nathaniel Barrera, both from the Philippines.

Adam Sonar then had to create another POLL for us judges ( Derringer, Adam Sonar, DC23, Gundam Guy and Syd Sked ) to break the tie between the two participants. And after the TIE BREAKER POLL... All the four judges excluding one ( who was late in voting, hehe ) had BOTH dioramas at a TIE again. All four judges just could not agree on a winner, thus the last judge broke the tie to save all of us from setting up another poll.

Honestly as I've said at Gundam Australia Forums and Gundam Guy's site... Nathaniel Barrera has been this good for so many years now and has been a perennial podium finisher in BAKUC competitions here in the Philippines. However, I did not have this diorama as my top pick because of the quality of the presentation.

The topnotch masterful work on the diorama, the highly detailed kits and the details of the build is very compelling, realistic and is definitely a deserving winner. I just find the blurred first photo and the cutting board on the left background a letdown. I am not good in photography but submitting a photo of a well built diorama masterpiece, with a cutting board as a background for a PHOTO Gunpla competition loss my vote.

Anyways, here is the link to GG's for what the other judges had to say and photos of the other finalists. Congratulations also goes to Giovanni Hilario for tying as first runner up and the other finalists of this category... Here is the link guys...

 

Up next is the best in Photo category! Til next post guys! :)


12 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

WOHOOOOO!!!! and to think I just set it up overnight, rushed photoshoot coz the tissue burns so fast.. almost burned Sinanju's side arm armor..then I have to sell the whole dio and kits in the morning..whew...but it's worth it..being on the finals is very very good and I'm deeply honored ..being one of the first...wow(shocked)!!..That's a biggie for me..XD

Thank you all so much for all the judges ,DC you're the man !! and most of all...for all of this earthshaking contest to Gundam Guy !!..MAY WE ALL LIVE LONGER SPREADING GUNPLA LOVE. More power !!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Very good combination color i like it.....

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I agreed with your post almost to the point where I wanted to change my vote. But having not even noticed the cutting mat before you pointed it out I figured others wouldn't also. I mean if we're going to nitpick Giovanni's entry has a skirting board in it and a CD tray that hasn't even tried to be disguised as something else. Both absolutely masterful entries, neither of which were my first place pick. I have to say Gio's pics are much more clear, but Nathaniel's were more imposing and realistic, which was what swayed me in the end.

BTW Syd's last name is Sked ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

um, hi @sonar I'm Gio by the way.. the skirting board is actually part of the wall and the elevator which is the CD case lowering . If you have noticed it is quite elevated to show the action that it is moving downward... and so for split second the actions of the ''kits and the dio'' are captured in one shot expressing the whole dio...:) and I wanna thank you also for being one of the great judges for this very exciting compettion.!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

As you know bro, I select my top picks based on what looks impressive even in thumbnails. I had Nathaniel Barrera's entry in my top 3 since the beginning... However when I needed to see the full resolution size of the images during the final round when I was picking my top 3... the cutting board struck my eye like a seam line. I got disappointed coz I thought I have a clear winner at that point. All are topnotch works, I just value the presentation so much this time as this is a also a Photography contest. Great stuffs never the less from everyone. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

As always. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Gratz bro! Keep up the passion. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

as always bro, ''you'' are there to keep us motivated and always inspired!! MEGA Thank you thank you!!!.... XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hahaha, Just keep it up my friend. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

If you had figures or ships in the foreground of your diorama, the voting process would have been easier. hehehe XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

yup...I'll keep that in mind..he he!! tnx @DC :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehe, Keep it up! ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS