Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, November 20, 2010

PG MKII prep for priming


Just a quick post before I dive in to the ultimate FUN of this hobby! Sanding! I will be cleaning up the parts, sanding off the nub marks, remove a few seam lines, wet sand the pla plating and hopefully prime this kit later today!

This kit will be weathered, so I will be adding a few damages on the obvious parts. Some small damage effects on the knee, elbow, foot and manipulators. I might also put some damages on the shield as well. I might have updates later today or early tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :D

edit: after 4 hours of clean up work on the internals and a quick trip to the mall to get spray cans, the internal parts are all primed. I will now clean the armor parts and will be prepping it for priming first thing tomorrow. Anyways, here are a few photos of the armor parts and the primed internals...





Thanks for dropping by! Til next update! :)


8 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses DC! I dont know what it is... but I love to see a model primed. Marks the start of somthing awesome, and you can see all the details :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Oh I am sorry, I will be painting it right away after priming... too many parts to re assemble and disassemble after priming and before painting. It will be finish soon as I will be painting it with spray cans bro. :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Question for you about the painting process. If you don't take everything apart how do you get full coverage when you paint? Do you paint then move the piece the paint again?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes bro, for the arms and legs... I prime, let it dry and bend the legs and arms and re - prime. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

boss

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

huh???

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

im worried about the part that are rubbing each other specially with the elbows and knees..how can i deal with this?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Be careful on posing it bro. That is why I rarely pose my kits after painting. Find a final pose and display. It's not a toy anymore once painted. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS