Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, May 8, 2010

AC White Glint WIP - wet sanding



Just a quick post... I just finished sanding ALL of the parts of the AC White Glint + Vanguard Overed Boost parts today and I am just taking a break. I did some wet sanding with a 800 grit sandpaper and finished off the wet sanding with a 1200 grit sandpaper. I have a cup of water full with small sheets of sandpaper and sanded away the overlooked sprue marks and softened the edges of the pla plating. Looks good so far specially the leg pla plates. 


Now, I will have to put all those parts individually on skewers and prime them...hopefully I still have the energy later to do that and prime it soon. I will show lots of pics after priming but will not re assemble the parts. Here are a couple of snapshots of my wrinkled fingers and ALL of the sanded parts...phew! ;)



Thanks for dropping by! til' next post! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just started following your site. its got some pretty amazing work :) all that wet sanding looks like a lot of effort and those are a lot of parts ! :D

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Elton! Do browse around the tutorial and gallery pages bro....Yes, sanding is the most boring part of modeling and yet it is the most important part too. ;)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS