Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PG Zeta commission work WIP part XI

Hello again, I painted the armor parts of the PG Zeta yesterday and I altered the color scheme a bit. Instead of just using hues of grays on it, I used bluish gray tones. I primed the parts the other day, let it stand to cure overnight and painted the armor parts yesterday. It took me around 8 hours painting them and got really tired and slept early. As usual I used Tamiya acrylics on these parts, some Tamiya retarder and future to seal in the acrylic paint...anyways here are some pics of the supplies/paints I used...







Here are some pics of the armor parts on satay sticks, the colors are not that accurate in the photos but not that far from the real colors also.hihi


















This last pic was taken today after assembling the yellow parts with the blue gray parts...it is coated with future already and is ready for panel line washing and decal work...



I have yet to clean up the exo parts and the backpack but will do as soon as I can. Thanks for viewing! :)


4 comments:

howardkhor said...

finally start AB, wat color u using for the dark grey?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeap, finally...the dark grey is a mixture of 50 % dark gray, 25 % light blue, 10 % black, 15 % clear blue...those are the rough estimate of the mixture...it's a bit too bluish than intended...but looks ok I think.

howardkhor said...

yea looks so good of the grey, didn't know such a complicated mix >.<

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks Howard! it is a complicated mix, coz I did not know what I was doing.hehe

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS