Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, December 14, 2009

Scribing Custom Panel Lines - Intermediate Tutorial

UPDATE 12-14-09: scribed some panel lines...
Hello guys, I am not good with scribing panel lines...but I just want to share how I scribe panel lines step by step. I decided to scribe some of the major parts of the Acguy coz the surface is too round for pla plating...well, it can be done...but it's rather difficult than scribing lines along the surface. After taking pics of the Acguy, I realized that I have to add a few more panel lines on the upper arm and forearms of the kit...I will also need to try to scribe on those round shoulders and hip armors...those are tooooo round for pla plates but may also be too round for panel line scribing...will try later. I also added a hole on the chest part to expose the cockpit...will cover this with clear plaplate after painting. Anyways here are some pics...

FIRST, draw your desired pattern, I keep them simple coz I am not good at it and I'll be doing pla plating with most of the parts after anyways...


SECOND, using a Hasegawa needle point scriber...I pierce the corners...




THIRD, I use an eraser template ( thin metal ) to guide me from corner to corner...


FOURTH, I scribe with the Hasegawa needle point scriber and run through it with very light strokes...



FIFTH, I run my Tamiya scriber twice on the groove with light stroke...



SIXTH, I sand the piece with 400 grit sandpaper and will sand it before pla plating with 1200 grit sandpaper...



Tadah, my technique is faster than tapes and other methods that  I know....did all the parts in the pic below in a couple of hours only. hihi


Now here are some pics of the progress of my MG Acguy, will add a few more panel lines on a few parts, then do pla plating madness and clean up the holes...






BTW, I also drilled a hole in the chest part to compliment the collar armor and also sawed the stomach armor into three parts.



UPDATE: 12-20-09 : small update on the holes...

Hello guys, I cleaned up the holes with an art knife yesterday...actually I did this in the office around 3 pm to 7 pm...I was only on duty until 4 pm and while I was waiting for our Christmas party at around 8 pm, I did some much needed cleaning up of the holes...the only uncleaned part was the armors at the head. All of the parts will be further polished with sandpaper and some filing, but it is slowly forming up. Anyways here are some pics...








Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS