Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I got more VALLEJO paints today!

 
VALLEJO paints photo

I just got more Vallejo paints today and my first couple of Kolinsky Sable brushes!

I used to have a handful of Vallejo model colors but I do not use it as much as I wanted to in my old plastic robot ( Gunpla ) hobby. I am looking to expand and add to my collection more and more colors as I enjoy my new miniature painting and to reduce the need to custom mix highlight and often used medium tone colors.

I also got me my first Vallejo Game colors and a Vallejo ink. I have a couple of Vallejo Lavado washes but will try the Vallejo Inks very soon.

I bought 3 Extra Opaque Game colors as I plan to use them as foundation paints. Vallejo Model Color has foundation paints, but I think Game color is the more durable paint that was formulated to adhere to both plastics and metals. thus using the Extra Opaque Game colors should be the logical choice as base colors for my miniatures.

I am sticking to Vallejo Model Colors though as they have the widest range of colors in comparison to ANY acrylic paint manufacturers. Vallejo Model Colors has 220 vinyl acrylic colors and have obviously the widest range of greys, browns and blues.

Vallejo Game color was formulated for the table top miniatures but the great thing about Vallejo Model colors is that it has a higher pigment content than it's Vallejo Game color counterpart. High pigment content ensures that you get bright colors even if you thin the paints. they will never look chalky, muddy and watery unlike other brands of paint.

Needless to say, I love my Vallejos and I am looking forward to expanding my palette as need be. I am also excited in using my new extra opaque Vallejo Game colors as foundation paints for my minis and my new Vallejo ink.

Basically Vallejo Model Colors has the widest range of colors ( 220 ) and are made for the military scale modeling. Being made for the military scale modeling means they have a ton more greys and browns than other paint brands / lines.

Vallejo game color was basically made for the table top fantasy / sci fi miniatures. Game color only has 72 colors but are obviously brighter and more vivid than Model colors. I hope I did not get you confuse with the Game color and Model color stuff, I'll leave you with a couple of links to Vallejos official website...





VALLEJO paints photo

VALLEJO paints photo

More browns for all the sort of cloth and leathers my Trollblood models has! Gone are the days of killing myself to produce a new brown with Leather Brown and Yellow Ochre. The dark Sand should be a great color for highlighting my Yellow Ochres.

VALLEJO paints photo

VALLEJO paints photo

Do not take my word for it, but I think the Model Color transparent colors ( below left ) and the Game Color Inks ( below right ) practically produces the same effects. Will do let you know once I've tried them. They should be counterparts and should compliment each other as well.

VALLEJO paints photo

I only had a couple of Vallejo BLUES back when I painted my Janissa Stonetide and my Madrak Ironhide. Meaning I needed to custom mix my blues with white and yellow ochres and dark grey to produce the skin tones. Same with the browns which I only have one ( Leather Brown ) and had to mix it with greys and yellow ochre. This time I won't be wasting custom mixes as I should have enough for the darkest tones to the highlight colors. Painting Trollbloods should be faster and a lot more fun with my added blues and browns and my new Kolinsky Sable brushes!

VALLEJO paints photo

8 comments:

rimo said...

did you get this from deovir at sm north edsa? because the last time i was there, most of the things(varnish,paints) i needed were still unavailable. just want to ask if the new stocks have already arrived?thanks!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes... they are unavailable coz I bought them already. hehehe... kidding aside, ALL of their stocks should be FULL after next week! All Vallejo stuffs should arrive, I also requested a few more lavado washes. :)

Wild Chevy said...

If it's available at your store pick up a bottle, or two, of the Vallejo primers. They can be used with an airbrush and put down a nice layer to build off.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I have the primers... they are great, but I am lazy to set up my compressor and airbrush so I use spray cans. Thanks man! :)

Barbara Nimmo said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post about your latest Vallejo paints haul. Your passion for mech arts and the meticulous way you describe your experiences make your content truly engaging.
promocodehq

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Thanks for sharing your insights, and I'm eager to see more of your creative journeys! It could be a valuable resource for your readers, helping them save on their artistic endeavors.
frugalishness

Timothee Lambert said...

"I love how this blog combines informative content with a conversational tone. It makes the reading experience enjoyable and accessible. Great work!"
vickie lynn swayze

Edvin Berg said...

"Your blog serves as a reliable source of inspiration. Whether it's through motivational posts, success stories, or personal anecdotes, your content has a positive impact. Thank you for being a source of encouragement in the digital realm!"
dicks military discounts

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS