Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Real Grade Aile Strike Gundam modeled by DC23


RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

I am proud to present to you today my RG Aile Strike Gundam in purple background! hehehe, I chose a purple background as I thought the kit being OOTB with ootb colors, would only stand out from the hundreds of ootb RG Aile Strikes all over the net, if it has a different colored background.

Seriously, now I think my RG is unique because of the background. The client requested it to be ootb, in ootb colors and clean. Yeap, I rarely do clean builds as I feel like I skipped a couple of modeling ( weathering ) steps whenever I do clean builds. I did put brown washes instead of the usual light grays, to at least give it a subtle weathered look ( hope it worked ).

The client also asked that the blue should be in lighter shade, the reds should be less red ( but still vibrant ) and the kit be sent to him disassembled. I think I did a fairly good job on complying to his requests with regards to the colors. And the last request of disassembling the kit is super easy.

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at other people's finely done ootb masterpieces, specially those with custom color schemes, custom decals and superb finishing. But I myself do not fancy doing my own kits ootb, much more in ootb colors... well unless a client asked me to, like this one.

I cannot call this a verDC23 at all as I did nothing with it but snapfit, paint and reassemble. But I did use a different paint other than the usual Tamiya's and Mr.Hobby's with this one. I might as well call this a RG Aile Strike Gundam version Vallejo Paints.

The Vallejo Model AIR went smoother than Tamiya acrylics and I believe it is a lot more vibrant. Although if you add acrylic retarder to Tamiya it would yield the same results in terms of smoothness. But my new favorite is the Vallejo varnishes!

The gloss varnish is better ( more expensive ) than future / Pledge Wipe and Shine. The Matte and Satin varnishes from Vallejo comes pre mixed instead of the trial and error of mixing of Tamiya gloss / future with Tamiya flat base. The Vallejo varnishes are a gift from above, for people like me who loves acrylics and hates using more hazardous lacquers.

Overall it was a nice experience working on a Real Grade. Added the fact that I enjoyed the painting session so much as everything went smooth and easy. No silvering of the decals due to the quality of the Vallejo gloss varnish and the final Matte varnish is a charm.

Anyways this kit is packed and is ready to fly to my client in the UK. Now here are some last glimpse of this little critter as I would never see this guy again...

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

RG Aile Strike by DC23 Photo

7 comments:

theherozion said...

Sir D don't you think that a lighter shade of gray would make the "inner frame" stand out more? just thinking. :D but it's a great build.

DC23 said...

Could work if the armor parts are colored and not white I guess. I wanted to give it more contrast to make the armor pop out better. :)

vanz_anazasi said...

nice work bro...!! wait.....no mods ..???? 

nooooooooo!!!! it's not DC anymore...no big boobs or huge crotch ...nooooooo ? XDD 

just kidding..XD

DC23 said...

hahaha... it was a nice quick relax build. At least I could show that I could do clean and ootb for clients once every 3 years! lol

Anonymous said...

hi, what color of marker did you use on the panels? gives a nice touch of weathering.

Alvin said...

Sir, do you have a WIP post for this guy I wanna see how u did this awesome kit?

vincent said...

hi! just a question, did you prime your inner frame and painted it as a whole, or did you break it down to pieces then primed/painted them individually? thanks!

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS