Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, April 2, 2010

1/20 Votoms Brutishdog WIP part V


UPDATE 04-02-10: enamel washes for a more weathered look

Ello guys, I did some enamel wash last night, I uses Tamiya flat brown initially but ran out of it...so I used a really thin enamel wash of Flat black over the flat brown. Unlike Gundams wherein I just ran the enamel wash through the panel lines and crevices...I practically soaked this one with the enamel wash and cleaned it with my shirt and some cotton swabs after. i intentionally did not clean up the enamels thoroughly to give it a more in service and gritty look. The kit is still in gloss coat ( future ) and will be adding decals today.

TIP: I did not do decals before enamel washes like this coz after decalling I would then have to recoat it with future before the enamel washes, plus I was afraid that the edges of the decals might show through more after the washes...The problem with washes first before decals is that I would have to blend the decals later with some pastel work and drybrushing coz it will be too clean and would not compliment the rough gritty finishing of the mech. Anyways here are some pics...


I used my usual Tamiya enamels thinned with Zippo lighter fluid for the washes...


The kit came with a couple of sticker lenses for the visors...and dang they look better than just painting the clear plastic parts that also came with the kit...




I placed the sticker lenses but also added the clear part for the clear green over it to give more depth...however the red lens would not allow this. I then brushed future over it for a stunning glossy finish. i would then have to cover this with blu tack once I give the kit some flat coat...


Here is a photo taken from the previous post of the kit BEFORE the enamel washes...



Now here is some pics AFTER the enamel washes...looks heavier and better than without washes of course...I will have to weather this further after the decalling soon...

















I would retain the gloss finish of the gatling gun and the claw by simply brushing on future over it after I have given the whole kit some flat coat...









The water slide decals that came with the kit! As I've said this is the only Bandai kit that I have worked with that ca,e with it's own water slide decals ( and a couple of great sticker lenses for the eyes too! )...




The figures that I will be cleaning up the mold marks for painting later and the diorama that I handpainted with gray to add more depth and will be ABing with shading later...






Almost done! I have to decal this later, add a bit more weathering with Tamiya weathering master and give it a bit more paint chipping effects and drybrushing, paint the two 1/20 figures, and paint the diorama...ok that is easier said than done.hehehe...Anyways, If I don't finish this today...I will try to finish it some other time, coz I need and would like to work with the AC White Glint by tomorrow. Thanks for viewing! til' next post! ;)

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS