Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, January 11, 2010

PG Zeta commision work WIP part V



UPDATE 01-11-10 : Chop Chop and away!

Hello Guys, It's been a while since I've worked with this kit...first I finished my MG Acguy, then I did some wallpapers and I did the wall mounted dio for the Brutishdog. Now, I have a few updates on this kit, Basically I did lots of chopping, sawing and filing today, The intension is to make the overall look consistent with my head mods and look a bit evolve type looking...I never imagined in my wildest gunpla dreams that I will have the patience and determination to do a PG evolve type. I must say that it is a bit difficult, the PG armors are so darn thick...some parts are up to 1.5mm thick and the thinnest parts are at least 1mm thick, it was kinda tiring to saw...but it was a hell of fun. Now, i am planning to get a PG Zaku and do lots of sawing and chopping to it...basically I plan to super modify a PG Zaku soon.

This are my Hase saws...there are lots of different shapes, but I only used the triangular saw for straight cuts with edges and the tear drop shape for portions without edges.



Here is a pic of the head mods that was shown in the previous part of this WIP...I will have to stay consistent with the evolve type look and chop away some parts...


The leg parts after sawing, I separated the parts to give it more detail and look more evolve looking...


Another example, before pic...



After sawing pic...


Now, more chopping and sawing of the leg armors, exposing the internals as a result...






Now here is a few pics of the skirt armor, I shamelessly copied boss Eday's skirt mods...chopping the one piece white part into two...


In the pic below you can see I chopped another section, now I have to scratch built some internal details for that part...


I also chopped the red parts on the forearm just for the sake of exposing some internal goodness...I will have to mod this further coz it looks stupid.



I also chopped some parts on the chest vents, giving it a more evolve type feel to it. I just used an ordinary Tamiya art knife for these mods...In part IV of this WIP, the chest vents looks like this...


The ootb vents looks too ordinary and squarish, thus I chopped off some parts...



Now here are some pics showing the overall look of the mech...I must say the daunting ( but FUN ) task of chopping those thick armors was well worth it.

BEFORE the chopping and initial pla plating mods...


AFTER the initial pla plating and chopping mods...







I could say that the hardest part of the modding is over...up next is my most favourite part...PLA PLATING! now that won't be as daunting, but won't be as fun either ( joke ). I will also need to snapfit the backpack already...to see what type of mods will look best with it...OR I will just give it some simple pla plating...til next time. Thanks for Viewing! :)




5 comments:

doudou said...

really clean mods...Any special color scheme planned?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro...I showed the color scheme study in Part I of this wip bro...http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2009/11/pg-zeta-ver-dc23-commision-work.html

Thanks for the visit! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I have a question on cutting the skirt. So you chop of the skirt first then followed by the small part of the skirt, how do you reattached it back? With pla plates from behind? Always wondering he Eday does it haha!

Hope you can help me on this :D Awesome wips ^^

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

The skirt is attached to 4 pegs to the internal part...so I just cut it so that both parts have 2 pegs each...hope that helps bro. :)

Anonymous said...

hey Don,

one question about the hase saws. Is there anything that can be mounted on them to be used as a handle since they are quite small to hold.

I actually accidentally bent my triangular while sawing awhile ago. Seeing those grooves/holes around the interior of the saws, made me wonder if there is a possilibity to mount them one.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS