Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, January 10, 2010

1/20 Votoms Brutishdog WIP PART II



UPDATE 01-10-10: Wall mounted diorama tutorial
Hello guys, I am running out of space in my small house already...due to all the dios I've been doing. So I figured to do a wall mounted diorama for my Votoms kit. I got the idea from Leon Ku's MG Freedom...the kit is mounted on an old picture frame...here is the link:  Leon Ku's MG Freedom
Anyways, I will show you how I made mine...
I bought frame hangers to install at the back of the base...i simply constructed the base from a couple of plyboards...





I then, poured white glue at the back of a couple of pla plates to cover the wooden base...the wall pla plate is .5 mm and the floor pla plate is 1mm. I also scribed lines on the pla plates to give it a typical hangar look...


 I then used pins to install the plaplates and help the glue cure securely to the wood...


I cut the pins shorter and used a plastic hammer, so not to damage the pin head and the pla plate...







After lots of hammering and putting pins around the edges of the pla plates and along the sides of the panel lines, here is how it looks after...



Then I added strips of 1mm pla plates on the wall part...


Then using all sorts and shape of pla rods, I added details to the wall part and constructed a ceiling on top of the kit...








This is how it looks like hanged to the wall...


I will update this as I continue with the build, BUT I have to work with the PG Zeta now...Thanks for viewing! :)

Brutishdog WIP part III


The photo below is the completed build hanged on the wall with my cellphone as light source...


4 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

can i use deovir's high impact to make this dio

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yes bro. and ton of balloon sticks. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks for answering :D...
Can i also use it for making armors ?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

You could, but I DO NOT recommend it bro as I find it harder to sand and glue with cement. :(

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS