Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Privateer Press Insider - SEAN BULLOUGH


Privateer Press Insider - SEAN BULLOUGH photo

I have been following the Privateer Press Insider for the past few weeks now and I have with me a compilation of all the insider entries of Sean bullough.


Some time ago, when I was a kid, my parents thought it would be a good idea to give me a bag of lead as a Christmas present. Fortunately for me, it was in the form of medieval knights; otherwise, I’d probably be an accountant today. Thank you, Mom and Dad.
Later, my interests turned toward model kits; they were bigger and had more detail. I was drawn to tanks and aircraft, mostly. I was always cutting them up or making them from scratch using plastic card and found objects. Many years and four states later, I find myself in Seattle doing pretty much the same thing I’ve always done: building models and loving it.
Besides making new plastic warjack weapons, Skorne artillery, and other yet-to-be seen models, I also make the resin castings we use for Monsterpocalypse and the new plastic releases.
What am I working on now? Making rope—or trying to make it look better, I should say. Most of my sculpting experience has been mechanical or straight-line, which almost always means the models are larger. The models I am working on now are smaller, which means thinner rope than I’m used to, so I’ve been trying different methods of making it.
I might do a short tutorial about that for the next blog.
I’m making the move toward digital sculpting, since most mechanical work is done that way now, but it is difficult. Sculpting in a computer program is very different than sculpting “IRL.” You have to change the way you think because you’re not using physical materials. So if there are any would-be sculptors out there who love to make tanks, fighters, or mecha, I would start by learning how to use 3D or CAD software. That’s where the future lies.
- Sean Bullough


Sean is basically one of the many super talented master sculptors of Privateer Press and has done a lot of the masterfully and beautifully sculpted figures we see on our gaming tables today. I am an instant fan and thought I'd put up a single post of all of his entries todate. This compilation post would be my instant access to all his great quick tutorials and insights in sculpting.

Helpful insightful stuff for any modeler / hobbyist out there! Here are the links guys...


Privateer Press Insider - SEAN BULLOUGH photo

Privateer Press Insider - SEAN BULLOUGH photo

Privateer Press Insider - SEAN BULLOUGH photo

No comments:

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS