Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NEW look for my NEW hobby! Adios Gunpla...


NEW website look for my NEW hobby photo

This is basically my second week on " Graveyard shift " at work... It's basically a 10:30pm to 6:30am shift. Sounds cool? Not really... I need to travel more than an hour from work and it is always almost 8am by the time I attempt to sleep.

Lots of things happening since my last mindless rambling here in my blog and it has been ages since my last rant post. No plans of ever putting up a rant post anymore and I think I won't be feeling the need to put up any anyways.

Just wanted to shout out how happy I am with the new look of my site for my new hobby. I still have to do a bit of tweaking to make the new look work, but it pretty much overhauls my old look that was very much associated with Gunpla ( old hobby ).

Honestly I feel I will never be going back to Gunpla these days. In fact I have packed ALL my Gundam model kits in their respective boxes. Unpainted and painted kits are all packed in separate boxes, Gunpla tools are also kept in plastic boxes and I have thrown all my Tamiya acrylic paints already. My work bench no longer have sheets of pla plates and no longer have scraps of Kotobukiya parts.

Instead I have loads of paints ( Vallejos ) and brushes scattered on my workbench. Basing materials like static grass, real sand, aquarium sand, small rocks and green stuff dominate my work area.

I am so grateful for all the friends I have made in my old hobby ( Gunpla ) in the past 4 years and will forever cherish those moments. I have kept a few friends form my old hobby but have forgotten some.

Needless to say I am happier in my new miniature painting hobby right now and I just would like to apologise to my Gunpla friends for turning my back on the hobby.

Just got tired of the whole thing to tell you the truth... the community, the hobby and everything about it. Adios for now guys...

4 comments:

chetario said...

Although I am sure you have already thought about this, but better be safe than sorry.

Have you thought about selling any unopened or snapped kits? This would bring in a bit of extra cash that could go towards the miniature costs?

What will happen with the sponsored Ex-S Gundam? Will it be returned?

In my opinion, you are not leaving the hobby. Gunpla, Military and Miniature modelling are all part of the same subset of "scale modeling". You are just venturing out towards another branch. If I can be so daring to say this, but I think we, at the Gunpla "Branch", will welcome you with open arms when/if you decide to return.

kriz said...

I like the new look bro, and you definately have put out some KICK ASS minis so far.

hope im I will not be 1 of the forgotten my brother, will support ya regardless..LOL

Kriz.
:)

MR_ZINC (AULON) said...

not a suprise to be honest, and that's basicaly what happend to me as well, i kinda think that miniatures let me advance more and are more fun (for me at least), with all that said u can be sure i will read all of your posts bro :) (and hope u will check my blog from time to time :P )

take care bro!

and btw, i;m still usuin my tamiya paints for minis, they do work quite well to be honest

Lollipop said...

Feeling kind of sad that you are going to be leaving gunpla behind... but it is the start of something new and exciting as well. Thank you very much for your past inspiration! honestly your work was what really got me interested the gunpla. Good luck on your miniatures!

By the way donations of unwanted gunpla/tools are appreciated
Just kidding xD

Lollipop

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS