Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just so happy I have a hobby!


my daugther Sam 2 years ago Photo

This is a rant post but it is not about Gunpla or it's community or anything addressing to any modeling stuff. But rather some hypocrisy and dirty politics in real life outside my hobby and family. I just had to shout it out as I have been dealing with it for some time now and I am sure blogging about it would make me feel better.

I am not really directly affected by these stuffs nor am I having problems with my family. Family is great! My daughters ( 2 ) are going to school, they are tops in their class and they are as beautiful as ever. My 3 year old son is growing up mighty fine, a little version of his not so old man. My wife has been working for a month now and she is doing good and is happy with her new career. My rottweiler Panzer is as big and active as ever.

Although family is great these days... I can't really bother my kids and even my wife with what's in my other real life right now. I am a 32 year old father of 3 kids and I have been working for 11 years now and have been a father for 9 years already. I have reason to believe that a handful if not most of my readers are young studs that has yet to travel the short path that I have traveled in life so far.

So I guess you can read on and you might catch a thing or two about real life crap.

I am just so happy that I have life outside the real world ( Real world means people outside my family ). This hobby has been my escape to all the hypocrisy, traitors and ambitious pricks in real life. This hobby has been so rewarding so far and once you immense yourself in cutting those tiny little pieces of plastic, you get to forget the ugliness of it all.

Their are very limited " true " friends in the real world and once you've met a handful, you should take care of them with all the capacities that you can. Their are a lot of " fake" friends in real life though, people who have malicous plans towards you or towards others to get to their goals. I see people backstabbing others to get that friggin' promotion! People who plays nice and hard working in front of bosses and people that simply plays stupid to get where they are.

Their are also people who think so highly of themselves and think they are the eternal power in everything. People who think they control your life and govern your every move. People who thinks they hold the key to your success and you need nothing to do but kiss their dark arses and do whatever they want you to do.

Real world is full of power tripping people, backstabbers, ambitious pricks, liars, opportunistic farts and fake people. Well I guess that is why they called it real world, it's as ugly as it gets and is simply far from the fairytale you dreamed about of life after school.

This is why I feel so blessed these days that I have a hobby! An escape to real world crap that is just so sickening ( eventhough I am not directly affected ). Younger modelers in this hobby is just having fun, but I think older modelers like me needs this hobby a lot more than we think so.

In this hobby, your hard work pays off! In the real world you should play the game of other people and know how to dodge the bullets of opportunistic fake friends... In the real world...

You need not work hard... you should play hard!








3 comments:

Dingo said...

Hi Suratos, (if I can call you by your name :) )

I'm 27 years old, worked for over 4 years now as a business analyst. I got introduced to this hobby by my younger bro who happened to transit at Narita airport and bought me a MG Impulse Gundam. I'm not married yet, but plan to be soon.

So I kinda agree with you with the major of points you addressed in the post. However, I think, as you said, the real world has its own game. And in other to survive, some might need to play by its term. In rare occasion some might be able to break free and be an outstanding individual by their own term, but that is rare. I hate all the dark sides that you addressed as the next guy (hell I was victim to those "ah" several times in the past), but I think in order to survive, you have to manage and keep your sanity. Hobbies and family helps a great deal.

So in short, I totally agree with you (I got a job interview tomorrow, so I guess my mind is not straight now, >.<)

Please continue with your great masterpieces that I have been and will be admiring. :)

Sincerely,

kriz said...

My brother, I absolutely know what you are talking about.(being a father and older professional)

I thank god that I found some true friends through this hobby (You and the rest of the lads) because otherwise I might have had to kill the real world friends...hahaha

G-ZOP said...

My friend I can really relate to what you feel right now I to enjoy a loving family and this wonderful hobby that I wish I had more time for but that is life as u mentioned having to go to school and work is really tiring but when I have the opportunity to create something new and share it with u guys even though were miles away from each other and have a lot to learn from u guys I think I can realy call u friends.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS