Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Monday, September 5, 2011

I won't be joining Gunpla Builders World Cup 2011.


Gunpla Builders World Cup 2011 entry

A couple of guys texted me today and informed me that the ( draft ) rules and regulations of the upcoming Gunpla Builders World Cup 2011 is up, and it does not have an expert category. So I thought maybe our local organizers here in the Philippines followed the other countries at last. And removed the expert category, thus allowing everyone to join the open category again.

However after reading and inspecting the rules, I realized that they just changed the expert category to special category. Which is the perfect name for the category as they would only allow OOTB entries. Base on the rules, past 3 time winners are only allowed to join the OOTB special category.

I called the organizers but they could not give me an answer if they have removed the 3 time win rule and would allow the expert old winners to join the fun in the open category this year.

So I guess my MG The O II won't be showing up in the Gunpla Builders World Cup Philippines 2011. I am also not sure if I would want to rush a master grade or even a perfect grade and showcase my basic skills in the OOTB special category. So I guess If there won't be changes in the rules this year... I won't be joining the Bandai Gunpla Builders World Cup.

Oh well, the contest is made for people half my age anyways.

I am still pretty pumped up to finish my MG The O face-off with Kenny ( Toymaker ) though. So even though I won't be joining GBWC this year... I will still finish this behemoth of a build.

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post guys! :)






13 comments:

The virgin angel said...

Awww. No behemoth at this years gbwc :( it's really weird that they call it special when it's only ootb ?_?

DC23 said...

At they did not call it expert OOTB category... showcasing the expert basic skills of the PROs! hahaha

Aorordie said...

bro I have the same problem too....

Aaron said...

awwww! won't be seeing teh O? T_T hmm.. I guess the PG Aile Strike will show itself this year... hmmmmn... :3

DC23 said...

Yeah at least I am not alone. Kenny and the others could join the open though. :)

DC23 said...

If I have the time, maybe.. just maybe. :)

Jonas said...

okay lang yan, pahinga ka muna sa comp scene and develop more skills

DC23 said...

or maybe I could put back all the original parts o my MG The O and just paint it. :)

EmonEm said...

dang...i knew it there's something new on the contest mechanics... 

DC23 said...

Sometimes I wish I am from another country. hehehehe :)

Yi Hui Tan said...

Just do what you do bro. Never mind the rules. 

DC23 said...

Yeap bro... enjoying my builds without the contests now anyways. :)

Darkworkx said...

I dont like OOTB contest @_@ too sad for you
Why not go to singapore then join the fun with the poison monkeys hahah.. joke

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS